o3o

evanna

evanna

The mandatory screening procedure was the next step of their glorified Project, and it left Tetrahmon noticeably emptier: they all said it was for the greater good. It was their decontamination stage. Those that went missing were branded as traitors, imperfections in the system.

The Government had turned brother against brother, with no respect for those who had died, given an unmarked, icy grave, or those they rendered to dust. They deserve no respect.

Julian tells me that's how they keep the peace.

The peace they keep is solidarity within the people: forced solidarity. So really- what sort of a peace are they keeping?

The only thing I've learned from all of this is how unbelievably stupid humans are. Thankfully, I remain untouched by the Government, as does most of the Red Hand. Our numbers are fewer, too, and although Bernard still roams the headquarters with that same confident gait, I can tell he's worried that whatever we have in store for Tetrahmon might not have the desired effect. Our biggest problem are the drones they've been sending out, manoeuvred by machines and not humans, and therefore faultless. Bernard still believes he'll be able to wring some information out of Vance, but I don't see the point. The man is lost and fears death too much.

Every day I find myself longing to go back to the place where I was created, fabricated, enhanced with chemicals, enhanced by a scientist with an unsteady hand. And for what? To protect the city? Keep their peace?

I was the first project. I, and all the others that didn't pull through. We were the first wave of protection, the first project for eternal stability in Tetrahmon. Half-machine, half-human: enough logic and programming to not deviate from the rules, and human enough to make a necessary shot, and to distinguish between friend and foe. I have done nothing but endanger the city and its populace ever since I stepped foot on the other side of their pathetic glass wall. And for that, I pride myself.

There is only one remarkable feature of interest when it comes to the project I was part of: it failed. It collapsed, it didn't work, the human trials were faulty and resulted in unnecessary deaths, and when it worked, it worked as I do: demented, twisted, alive for all the wrong reasons.

So perhaps we could leave Project Chrysalis and let it stretch out until in falls back on top of itself. We could watch it stream as a failure upon a failure upon a failure, and all would be good, the future would be bright for the Red Hand.

Or it could backfire, and our beloved Government will have created their formidable destruction.

But nobody would be scared, of course, because the Government plans everything: it plays as God. It chooses when people are born, it chooses when people die.