Tracey MacGregor

Tracey MacGregor

Life had always been good; some could go as far as to say life was fun. My life was fantastic until SHE turned up. I had had a fun year in High School, I got on with my friends, and I liked my teachers and got on well in my subjects. Then, during the summer holidays I got introduced with a girl the same age as me. Her name was Tracey. She had just moved to a little town about 30 miles from Dundee, my hometown. Her hair was a dark brown. I broke the ice by asking her if she looked forward to school, if she knew what class she would be in. We got on well and had a fantastic summer. We mucked about every night and couldn't wait to go to school and see what class Tracey was in. We went to school and she was in all my classes!

Second year passed quickly. I had an argument with a girl in my year, she had been my best friend in first year, and her name was Georgia. We had mucked about a lot but I felt that since my new friend turned up Georgia would rather muck about with Tracey than me. I felt disappointed and lonely. I felt as if this new girl, who I had had so much fun with, had just dropped me for someone else. I felt as if Georgia had just dropped me cause Tracey was around, and new, and 'cooler' and more stylish than I was, and I felt hatred running through my veins. I wanted to hurt both of them. I confronted Tracey. She told me she didn't mean it like that, she didn't even like her! It soothed me for a while, and together, best mates, we ditched Georgia.

And then we grew up, getting new mates who we both liked, and we were still best friends.

Then, in S5, it happened. She betrayed me.

We had started hanging around in a new group, and that was cool. But one day, I had a massive argument with Peaches, one of the girls we were mucking about with. Tracey and I had gone in for Peaches on the way to school every morning, as she lived just around the corner from me. But on the 3rd October, through facebook, Peaches and I fell out massively. Later that evening, she told Katie, my little sister, through MSN that I wasn't to come in for her the next morning. I asked Tracey if she was still going in for Peaches, and explained what had happened.

"I'm still going to go in for Peaches," she told me.

"Ditched?" I replied, feeling gutted.

"Not my problem," Tracey snapped back.

I went home, nearly in tears. My supposed best ever mate had ditched me to walk to school with a girl who Tracey had said she hated two days previously!

Mum and Dad tried to soothe me, telling me that Tracey would come in for me tomorrow morning and it would be fine. But Tracey didn't show up at 8am like usual. And I panicked. I had no one else, since second year Tracey and I had been together, and only now, when it was too late did I realise how I had limited myself in friends.

But 10 minutes later, Tracey rang the doorbell. Relief washed through me in one massive wave. On the way to school, she told me that she had gone in for Peaches before me this morning.

"Oh, why?" I asked curiously.

"To walk to school with her!" Tracey laughed; thinking this was the most normal thing in the world.

My heart almost stopped. And in that instant I realised what a bitch she was. She chose Peaches over me. A girl she didn't like, over her best friend since second year.

I was furious.

"And tomorrow, I won't be coming in for you," she continued, oblivious to my epiphany, "because I'm going in for Peaches. But I'll walk with you on Wednesday!"

A part-time friend? Great!

"I hope you don't mind!"

Of course I flaming minded! Tracey had been my best friend for three years, and then, after a fall-out over a boy on facebook we had had a huge fallout, and Tracey had taken the side of Peaches?

I could see why, Peaches was cooler, trendier, had all the boys chasing after her, really involved in dancing.

And me? I was a dweeb, a geek, no boys chasing after me, I didn't go to parties, but I danced too! Maybe not through the school and excuse me for liking the wrong type of dancing - ballet was better than 'hip hop'. With my ballet qualifications I could actually go somewhere, put the fact I had achieved Intermediate Ballet at the age of 15 on my CV. That was impressive. Taking 'hip-hop' classes? Choreographing dances that were repeats of other dances and stolen moves your 'friend' showed you? That wasn't cool.

Was it?

But I didn't care. Tracey could suck up Peaches's arse for eternity, for all I cared. Who'd want a friend like them?

"Lhinnie?"

Oh, get lost, Tracey.

- 3months later -

'Nt that this is any of ur business, bt ive got a councillor nw nd she asked me 2 tlk 2 u and say that i wnna b m8s, nd u cn muck 'bout wi us rthr thn the geeks u muck aboot wi now. i ws 2 apologize 2. bt u cn tll me 2 fk off if u wnt. i dnt care tbh.'

Oooh, solid, mate! Texting like a hard man! Wouldn't want to mess with her! I sighed as I replied to Peaches text. For the past three months I had found a new group of friends to hang about with. Ones that actually likes me for who I was, and I didn't have to change a thing about me. But I wasn't going to tell Peaches to "fk off".

'i'm fine with the group i'm with now, but i don't want to argue with you."

I hit send and lay on my bed. I didn't think I'd ever talk to her again, and to be honest, I didn't care. I was now happy with my new friends, writing as much as I had time for and dancing for fun and doing a higher exam than Peaches - which she had complained to the Headteacher about, to which he had said, "well, it's not the school that's running it. She's doing it through her ballet class, and there is no funding for the school to do that exam!" Peaches wasn't happy about THAT.

As for Tracey? I hadn't talked to her since the day she told me she wanted to be a part time friend. Sure, she had approached me, and tried to talk to me when Peaches wasn't around, but I was talking to my friends, and therefore told her I'd talk later. Sure, I was being a bitch, but in my position, what would you have done? She's a loser and a user and gone totally downhill since I moved on.

--------

not saying this is a true story or anything, but there is a Tracey MacGregor and Peaches out there that i used to muck about with.

it's their fault i'm on wattpad, so i owe them :D.

sorry, i've been denying you bfabf, but i'll post some when i've finished my maths homework :D and i'll get writing as soon as possible.

hope 2010 brings you everything you want, and defo a publishing contract for some of you out there!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx