Chapter 14

Mystic Falls

"You look...gorgeous."Gabby smiled placing a kiss onto Jake's cheek. He smiled as she placed her ear rings on. "I can hear Caroline yelling at us to hurry up."Jake replies as she chuckled.

"Come on, she's probably doing a pre-wed picture."Gabby rolled her eyes opening the door to yelling. Jake walked down with Gabby on his arm seeing everyone walking around and a stressed Caroline.

"You guys are on time, great."Caroline smiled before the crew turned their head to the last couple to appear. Gabby laughed as she looked at the gang her eyes widening at the sight of Stefan.

"Stef!"She yelled before rushing over and attacking him in a hug. "God, Gabby. It's been too long."He smiled back rubbing her back. "Okay, I will talk to you after the wedding. I don't want to ruin my make-up."She laughed before stepping back.

"I hope I'm worth the make-up being ruined."Damon smirks from beside Elena. Gabby rolled her eyes before attacking him into a hug.

"I miss this boring town."Gabby sighed turning to Jake. "I get a hug?"Gabby heard a femine voice. She turned seeing a smirking Carrie and a Kai who shot her a glare. "Of course. After last night I think we made a friendship."Gabby replies sweetly before walking over and giving her a hug.

"You never spilled how hot she was. I was expecting some nerd last night."Carrie shrugs at an uncomfortable Kai. He only gives Gabby a quick glance before looking away. "Where's Jo and Alaric?"Jake asks as Gabby walks back over.

"They are going against wedding traditions in Alaric's apartment right now."Caroline replies while everyone gives her disturb looks. "Can you guys hurry and get a picture. God knows when Gabby is coming back."She sighs.

They all huddled for a picture Benzo and Matt joining in at the last minute. Caroline put the camera on a timer before standing next to Stefan. They took a few pictures before Caroline rushed them out the door.

Everyone had gathering in people cars leaving Jake and Gabby with Kai and Carrie in her red car. "How away is the beach?"Gabby asks from the backseat. Kai licked his lips feeling his heart race before he replied with "2 hours"

Carrie shot the nervous silent Kai a glance before starring back at the road. Gabby remained silent although she knew he wasn't himself. "Are you hungry?"Carrie asked Kai after a while. "No, I fed last night before I went to bed."Kai replies simply.

Gabby smiles up at Jake as the two in the front had started chatting. "What do you think about Jo?"Gabby asks holding Jake's hand that was around her neck.

"Actually. She seems amazing. I will hope to get to know her more on the resort though. She seems like home."Jake replies returning a smile. "Is it weird? We are supposed to be her age and we look like young adults."Gabby smiles.

"It's not that bad. I've gotten used to it. I don't think I would age good anyhow."Jake laughs. Gabby looks at him wide eyed. "That's unbelievable. I'm sure you would of been hot with less than a half head of hair."Gabby laughed.

"You know. Your remarks are considering bullying."Jake pouts at her before lightly kissing her nose. "Oh, my bad. I mean it's not like I would ever wanted to be arrested by my boyfriend."She laughs turning to the window.

"I don't know. You seem to look hot in cuffs."Jake smirks causing her to look at him wide eyed. "You dork!"She laughs. "Get a room."Kai rolls his eyes at Jake's comment.

"I've been in cuffs before. I compelled a cop to cuff me and his expression killed me. He did it but he was so confused as to why. I learned how to escape cuffs that day while they were behind my back."Carrie laughed.

"Oh, wait. You're a blood drinking cop, am I right Kai?"She asks after remembering who Jake was. "Yes. It's complicated."Gabby answers looking at a silent Jake.
-

"Thank you so much for coming." Jo hugged the life out of Gabby. "And you. Please, feel free to come back anytime. You are my brother and I'm so glad I met you."Jo hugged Jake. Jake smiled wide pulling her into a hug.

"You're a pretty lucky guy. Jo's the best."Gabby admits as she gives Alaric a hug. "I know. I hope you could find a way to visit more often or at least get Jake to move out here."Alaric suggests.

"Depending on our trip to Puerto Rico, I'll see what happens."Gabby assured him before pulling away. "Thank you guys for coming, seriously."Jo smiled as they walked to the next guest.

"I'm going to go speak to Matt. I'll see you in a bit."Jake kissed Gabby before walking off. Gabby nodded and gathered the courage to go to Kai who was drinking at the bar. "Hey, stranger."Gabby smiles sitting in a seat next to him.

He finishes his drink and looks at her bluntly. "Did I do something wrong?"She asks knowing his silence meant alot. "No, no. It's nothing."He replies looking away.

"I know we had such a colorful past but I was wondering if we could at least be friends. I know after everything it may not seem like it but I care about you. I don't want us to be on any bad terms. You were always there for me when I had no one was."Gabby admits giving him a small smile.

He only lets out a sigh finally meeting her eyes. His heart only beated louder as he watched his first, true love be in love with another. "I-I don't know."He mutters taking his eyes away from her plum lips.

"You seem alone. I don't want you to be, Kai."She pushes it only making Kai roll his eyes.

"If that was so true you wouldn't of left me for my copy."Kai spat feeling his old feelings crash before him. He was absent minded to what was rushing out of his mouth. "Kai..."Gabby starts but he just shakes his head.

"When you were in love with me. You would call me Eli. I never loved my name as much as I did before it left your lips."He admits. Gabby looks down to her hands feeling deep guilt.

"I didn't want to leave you for good. I just wanted you to stop treating me like some pet. I wanted my own life one where you weren't using me for my magic and feeding me anything to keep me there whenever you decided I was worth your attention."Gabby replies tears streaming down her eyes.

Kai immediately recovers from his angry stage. He reaches his hand out to grab her shoulder but she just stands up. "I've cried too much for you."She sighs wiping her eyes.

"Gabs, I'm sorry. I'm such an asshole."Kai sighs walking behind her. "Whatever, Kai. I have to go."She keeps walking leaving Kai to fight the urge to drown his sorrows alone. "Hey, what was that?"Carrie asks Kai. "Oh, um. She wanted to be my friend and I basically threw it back in her face."Kai replies taking a glass of Whiskey.

Gabby passes by Caroline and Klaus who were laughing but not distracted enough to notice Gabby's state. "Gabby, are you alright?"Caroline asks before Gabby steps into the lady's room.

Gabby turns around before walking up to Caroline and pulling her into a hug. "What happened?"Caroline asks runbing her back. "It's Kai. I wanted to let him know that I don't want any issues between us and that I would be here for him and he only snapped at me."Gabby sobs not able to control the tears.

"Kai as in the fellow gentlemen with a love for annoyance?"Klaus asks not sure how to comfort the girl. Gabby looks up immediately forgetting about Caroline having a date.

"Oh, excuse me. It's nothing. I'll see you later."She steps back before bumping into Jake. She turned around before quickly looking down. "What's the problem?"Jake asks immediately seeing something was up. Gabby only shakes her head wiping her mascara that left a trail on her cheeks.

"It's nothing."Gabby forces a smile. "Gabby, baby. What happened?"Jake asks following behind her outside. Gabby really couldn't look at him right now as he looked exactly like Kai. It was intoxicating at the moment. He had hurt her even after he let her go.