chapter 7

Mystic Falls 4 am

"Steph, wake up!"Caroline shook him. He finally came to his senses wondering why she awoke him. "Damon's called."She smiled. He smiled as well knowing they must be on the way with Gabby.

D: So remember how this was supposed to be an in and out kidnap situation?

S:Yeah, what's wrong?

D:We wait too long.

C:What does that even mean? Bonnie's life is bonded to hers. We know she's alive and where!

D:How about the fact that she's in New York yes, she's alive yes but this girl has upgrated in the Parker family tree.

S:They're all dead, Damon.

D:Nope, there's a police officer who is Kai's twin except full on opposite. The dude is adopted and is 25.

C:That does make sense. He can't be 25. Damon, maybe he's just a doppleganger.

D:Nope. That's Parker blood. It's been verified. He's hiding something. Try to get info on Kai. Wait til he's drunk shitless two Parkers in one city never seems to end good.
-

"Does that even make sense?"Caroline asked Stefan as she laid her phone on the table. "There were only twins Jo and Kai. No one ever spoke of another."Stefan answered opening his laptop.

"Damon texted me his name, Jake Riley. He's been working with the NYPD for fifteen years. If that makes any since."Caroline looked up at Stefan.

"He's got to be a vampire."Bonnie's voice sounded from the top of the stairs. "But, he's a good guy. Look let's check his facebook."Caroline forced a smile. They scrolled down his page seeing lots of normal things until they seen a pic of him and Katherine.

"He posted that six years ago. How did he meet Katherine?"Caroline asked til they scrolled down. "Nothing."Stefan sighed picking up his phone.

S: Under any circumstances don't let Jake see Elena. We found out he dated Katherine years ago. We aren't sure for how long but you can guess that she turned him.

D:She just walked into IHOP. You should of said something three minutes ago. Jake and his police losers just pulled up.

S:Go. Get her out of there.
-
New York -IHOP

Elena smiled as she greeted Gabby. "It's really nice to see you coukd make it. Will Damon be joining us?"Gabby asked shaking her hand. "Yes, he's smoking real quick."She replied taking a seat.

Damon walked in before Kai's crew did making no eye contact. "Nice of you to join us today, Mr. Salvatore."Gabby smiled giving him a handshake.

"I wouldn't miss ever miss a time to chat with my wife and therapist."Damon sat next to Elena in the booth.

Jake walked in with his friends loving a good smell of the coffee. He immediately spotted his girlfriend Gabby. He noticed she was talking to a couple and knew she was most likely working.

"Isn't that the girl you can't stop blabbering about?"Henry asked following Jake's stare. Gabby immediately looked up spotting Jake. She excused herself and walked to Jake in the waiting area.

"Hi, Officer Riley."Gabby smiled pulling him into a hug. He hugged her back immediately. "Hi, Gabby. Can I talk to you?"He asked. "Um, yeah sure."She replied giving him a small smile. They walked to the hallway of the restroom Elena and Damon vampire hearing their conversation.

"Look, I'm sorry about the other night and not being much of good boyfriend."He apologized scratching the back of his neck. "Oh, no it's fine. Take me on a beautiful date, have me dance for the first time, ask me to be your girlfriend then ignore me like the plague."She shrugged looking down to her shoes.

"I didn't know what to say after that whole blood thing."He admits nervously. "Well, if you are starting to have second thoughts on us then that's fine. I'll see you around."She forced a smile before turning to walk away.

"Gabs, wait. You had a wonderful time that night. You understood I had work issues but I made it up to you. I took you out to see Finding Dory. You laughed and we went to Burger King although you hate it but you loved it anyways because we were there together. You forgave me and want to spend tomorrow night with me at my place."He compelled her as he grabbed her face.

"I forgave you and will go see you tomorrow night."She replied giving him a huge smile. He smiled back placing a long passionate kiss on her lips. "Good, I'll call you later. Bye, Ms. Jones."He kissed her again before walking to his table.

Gabby walked back as Damon and Elena shared a shock face. They wondered if that was the first time he ever compelled her. "Sorry about that. The food is here. I'm starving."Gabby smiled seeing the freshly brought food.

Jake sat down at his seat taking to his buddies about a criminal of a robbery who was just the dumbest when he spotted Elena. He squinted his eyes not sure if it was really her. Could it have been Katherine?

He immediately tensed up as she looked his way. The guy at her arm was talking to Gabby but she was starring right at him. "God he looks alot like Kai."Elena mumbles to Damon. That made Damon look his way.

He chewed his food looking away feeling his sweaty. She was back? After all the manipulation she was back and for what?

-

Mystic Falls

Kai walked around his room coming up with a good plan. He heard everything. Guess it was easy to blame the vamp hearing. He knew she was in New York, New York. He knew she was with his other twin who was supposed to have died but oh well the Parkers do have a reputation with surviving death.

He wanted to go see her. They may have compelled her to leave but he knew that seeing him would change everything for her. So what if she was in love with his knock off twin. He was what she spent most of her life with.

He changed into (the pic up there) and took some cash paying for an online plane ticket. He was going to get back his love. He knew he had to let out some steam before he saw her. Maybe drink some fresh blood.