chapter 12

Flashback:

1988

"Is it really that obvious?"Gabby grasp standing up. "Oh come on, you are practically a sister to me. No need for the embarrassment."Jo rolled her eyes chuckling. Gabby only sighed her face glowing red.

"He told you?"She asked quite shocked. "No, but it's so obvious. It's less tension around you guys and he's smiling alot more when you come around. He's watching us now."Jo pointed out.

Gabby smiled looking in Jo's direction seeing Kai eyeing the two girls in the pool. He was in the kitchen chatting with his dad and brothers helping make dinner. He was smirking when her eyes caught his.

"Wait, is was your first time wasn't it?"Jo asked swimming to the other side. "Well, yeah. Eli is the only guy I have ever be with."Gabby smiled starting to float on her back. "And most likely the only guy you will ever be with. Which is strange because I don't take the type of ever wanting children but you look like you will have alot."Jo smiled which only made Gabby chuckled.

"Eli, is a big softie only all that distant and silent exterior. I guess he's just nervous around everyone else but your brother has alot to say."Gabby stepped out of the pool and wrapped herself in a towel.

"He talks about you alot. It's the only thing he will really go in depth with me. He's always got that stupid grin on his face whenever you phone him up. He's such a girl."Jo laughed at the end.

"Maybe so. At least he's happy. That's all I ever want him to be."Gabby spoke truthfully before Kai opened the glass door sliding it just enough to step outside.

"Ugh, get a room."Jo joked rolling her eyes stepping out. Kai only laughed placing a soft kiss onto Gabby's lips and wrapping his arms around waist. He rested his chin on her head as Jo walked inside giving them space.

"She knows."Gabby confesses blushing like crazy. "Ha, I know. I think my dad knows too. He's been giving me eerie looks."Kai admits causing her to blush harder.

"Do you want to go practice some magic with me? Dinner won't be ready til an hour or so."Kai offered. "Um, yeah sure."Gabby agreed. They began to walk into the woods after she went to go change her clothes.

Kai smiled to himself finding himself grateful for knowing her. When she did magic it was so beautiful to him. He watched her face calm and peaceful and her beautiful voice muttering chants. It only turned him on everytime he watched her do it.
-
5 months later...

New York, New York

"I don't know about that, you kinda suck at iceskating."Gabby chuckles as Jake walks into the livingroom. "I must not suck that bad because I brought you your mail."He hands her the stack of mail which only makes her groan.

"No! Not the bills!"She screams overdramactically causing Jake to laugh as he took a seat next to her. "What the hell?"She mumbles sliding her fingers over a personal envolope.

"Josette laughlin? What the hell?"She mutters opening the envolope. "Is it something bad?"Jake asks as she stares at a wedding invitation and letter.

She looks up at him with happiness then confusion. "Josette, your sister. S-She's been bought from the dead by Alaric. She invited me to the wedding. Um, do you want to go?"She asked.

"Hell yes, I want to visit my long lost twin sister. When is it?"Jake asked feeling slightly excited to meet a family member that wasn't psycho. "Alright, it's in two days actually. We need a catch a flight like now. I have to call Stefan and see if we can stay at their house for the next two weeks. She's having a vacation resort with all of us since you know she's been dead."Gabby explains handing him the letter.

"Okay, but is Kai going to be there?"Jake asked hesitant. "I'm not sure but no need to worry. Kai had let me go. Trust me we are safe, Kai never let's anything he cares about go."She assured him standing up.

"I need to go put in a notice at the job I'll meet you later today after I pack. I can't wait to meet your friends or kidnappers. Whatever, they brought you from the dead so it's good enough for me."Jake smiles pressing his lips onto hers softly.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll see what I can do."She smiles before pulling out her iphone. Guess she needed to pay a visit anyways, Stefan and Bonnie seemed to favor her alot.
-
Mystic Falls

"They just don't understand you."Carrie rolled her eyes as Kai paced around her bedroom. She layed bare with only sheets covering her while Kai was in his underwear quite piss with his recent phone call with Damon.

"We should go? She's still my sister. I mean, hey. I may have crashed the first but come on."Kai sighed. "Oh, babe. We are going. I could really use some crazy Kai action. I bet your sister is hot."Carrie smirked making Kai turn his head.

"What? I wouldn't mind a threesome."She admits unashamed. Kai shakes his head at her comment. She was really wild the more he got to know her. He hasn't killed or even really had an urge until she gave him preaches of how bad his ex was for trying to hide who he was.

He never really thought about until he killed for the first time since his coven's death. He felt his old self block his brother's Luke conscious. He didn't feel bad anymore. His humanity wasn't turned off but it sure did fool the Mystic Gang.

They kicked him out Bonnie being the harshest saying how he is going to back to his old ways without them being invovled. Kai didn't care. Carrie was only right. They only accept his false self. The righteous Kai that wasn't there.

"I swear I'm the only one who understands you. I mean come on, they try to give you the be human or leave speech like morons. They say only come to the wedding with good intentions. Omg, Kai. I feel so sorry for you."She complained.

"We are all mystical creatures at the end of the day trying to be human."She sighed onto his pillow. Kai sat back into her bed placing a hand on her arm. "At least show them how happy it is to be ourselves."Kai suggests.

She ponders for a minute as a joke before agreeing. Kai smiled laying a hand through her curls. Kai would only get annoyed when they warned him how dangerous she was. They treated him as if he wasn't a bad influence himself.

He was now 5% sure he was meant to be evil. He was sure she only meant best. She was exciting and brought out his most wildest side. Things that Gabs never did for him. He hated it whenever she talked bad about his first love but other times she was honest. Gabby did stop him from such cruelty.

It was a good example of him killing his family with her absences. He felt so alive at the moment and she wasn't there to be the cause of it.