Chapter 11

Stetsons head snaps of my shoulder.

"Did I just say that out loud?" He asks nervously.

Me being the idiotic teenage girl that I am starts laughing uncontrollably.

"Yes Stetson. And I love you too. We're best friends, right?" I laugh.

"Ha. Haha. Yeah. Best friends." Stetson replies hesitantly.

I scoot back over into the passenger seat and buckle my seat belt.

"Ice cream?" I ask as a click signifies that my seat belt is in place.

"Of course." Stets states.

We drive to the nearest DQ and both order ice cream cones. Stetson being the bore that he is, orders vanilla, whilst I order chocolate. We sit on the tailgate of his pick up truck in what seems like the middle of nowhere, wrapped in blankets eating our ice cream.

We sit like this with the wind whirling around us, causing my hair to whip us both in the face.

I sigh in contention and lean in to Stetson.

"I'm so lucky to have found such an amazing best friend." I state

"But now your stuck with me," Stetson jokes

But honestly? I'm okay with that. I'm okay with spending the rest of my life with Stetson. He's my best friend!

*

*

*

The next few weeks seem to drag on and on. I'm constantly running from work back home to work, and then to fix up my truck. Only a few more weeks and I should have her completely paid off. Then she's all mine.

Stetson occasionally tries to help me fix up my truck. But I can handle myself fairly well.

*

When I woke up this morning it was already hot! 72 degrees at 9:00? Why..? I dressed in short denim shorts, a plaid pink shirt that I tied just above my belly button, and my boots. I pulled my long hair into a high ponytail so that I won't sweat as much.

And now I'm working on my truck, with the sun beating down on my back, and sweating like no other! I'm pretty sure I look like a fat guy who tried to run up the stairs, I kid you not.

Charlie has been helping me out a lot lately too. I'm not really one for depending on others, but I guess it's good bonding time? Especially since I haven't exactly 'warmed up' to him yet.

How am I supposed to? The man got arrested and abandoned my mom and I! And look how that ended up.

"Paige." Stetsons scratchy voice calls out my name.

"What!" I shout back, never looking up from the hood.

"Moms here!" He yells.

I quickly jog up front.

"What's up mom?" I ask coming to a stop. She turns to me, pure joy on her face.

"Mom?" I ask.

She throws out her hand and siting on her left fourth finger, a shiny diamond ring.

---------------------------------------------

I'm losing inspiration for this story again... Comment ideas please? I could really use help.. Thanks!

Comment/fan/vote!

~Taylor✌️