Chapter 5

Jason pulls away slowly, but I grab the collar of his shirt and pull him back to me. I have waited for this kiss, fantasized about it even. And I am not about to let it end now.

We stood in that old barn kissing for probably 10 minutes. Finally I pull away panting. Jason chuckles quietly behind me. "Paige?" His husky voice gently coos, sending shivers up my spine. Gosh the things this boy can do to me. U turn away from him, not wanting to expose my pink cheeks. Jason gingerly spins me around and pulls me to him. "Paige," his voice is short, yet still husky. "Jason," his name rolls off my tongue. We just stand there. Looking into each others eyes. Neither one of us wanting to be the first to pull away. "Paige!" Maria's faint voice calls from the house. "Let's go." I say tugging Jason along. "Wait there's something you should know," Jason's voice becomes softer, more urgent. "You can tell me later. Race ya there," I shout behind me as I take off for the house. I hear Jason calling my name but I don't stop.

I reach the house and bound up the front steps. My breath now coming in short gasps. The blush still on my cheeks. I walk in the door. "Momma," I call out. "In the kitchen Paige," she calls back. I walk into my room and change into tight, black sweatpants/yoga pants, and a pink t-shirt. I brush through my hair and walk back into the main room. "What's for dinn-" I stop mid sentence and my jaw drops at the sight in front of me. Jason and Maria. Kissing. In front of me. "W-what's for d-dinner momma?" I question, trying not to let the pain show in my voice. "Stew and salad." My mom replies with her back to me. Renee turns and looks at me. Sympathy washes across her face, showing clearly in her eyes. I use the back of my hand to wipe the few tears that had fallen, and numbly walk into the kitchen to help.

*

*

*

After a dinner filled with giggles and kisses shared between Jason and Maria, I head into my room and change into short denim shorts and put on my boots.

"Where ya goin Paige?" My mom asks as I reach the door. "Anywhere to get away from these two," I spit, shooting them each their own individual venomous glare. I slam the door and walk in the direction of the main city.

Upon reaching the city, I notice a small car shop, lit aglow with white Christmas lights, and a rusty street lamp. I weave in and out of the cars on display, and stop at an old truck. Not too old. But man was she gorgeous. A faded dark blue color, with a wide bed, and big windshield. "Perty ain't she," a voice from behind calls. "Gorgeous." I gasp. "I'm Jerry, owned this place for 30 years," he sticks his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Paige, I just moved here," I imply shaking his hand. "You're about 16 aren'tcha?" Jerry says with a smile. "Almost 17," I correct him. "I gotta nephew bout your age. Come around tomorrow and meet 'Im will ya?" "Of course." I send him a smile. "I'll put this car on hold for ya, and make ya only pay half price, just as long as you come meet my nephew. I nod. The truck really wasn't priced for that much. But a cheaper price is always better.

*

*

*

I walk back to Renee's house staring at the stars. You could never see this many back in Brooklyn. Never so bright, so numerous. So pretty. I cross the threshold into Renee's house, the warmness spreading across my body. I numbly walk past Jason and Maria cuddling on the couch and head to bed. I've had enough for one day.

*

*

*

The bright light shines through the bedroom window. I check my phone. 23 texts from Jason. I ignore them and look at the time. 9:00. I get out of bed and dress in dark jean shorts, and a neon pink shirt.

I brush out my long dark hair, and straighten it a bit. I apply my make up, and other necessities. And emerge into the main room. "Mornin momma." I kiss her cheek and grab a plate. Sally made biscuits and gravy. I rest my back on the counter and eat.

After rinsing off my plate I put on my boots and head to the door. "Paige, where ya goin," my mom asks. "To meet Jerry's nephew," I about as I walk out the door. Mom would know who Jerry is, she knows everyone. Just my luck, Jason was coming up the steps with a bouquet of flowers encased in his hands. "Ew." I say as he brushes my shoulder. I bounce off the steps "and stay away from my new house sight." I yell never turning back. Jason glances down at the flowers he picked from the field behind my new house.

I walk the same way I did last night, only this time noticing small things along the trail. I take a left and into Jerry's. "hey Jerry," I yell into the small shop. "Paige," he questions. "Yep, it's me," I call back. He emerges from the dimly lit shop and walks toward me. "Golly, didn't think you'd come back," Jerry sounds shocked. "Well here I am," I gesture to myself. He nods and walks me to the truck. "This is 'Ol Blue. She's my favorite car in this lot. Take care of her okay?" He says. "Of course, but Jerry," I start, "I haven't paid you yet, nor met your nephew," I imply. "Stetson!" Jerry yells toward the shop. "I'm right here J." a deep voice calmly says behind us. I turn around and look slightly up. And I am met with possibly the most gorgeous man I have ever seen. Tall dark brown hair, deep brown eyes, gorgeous tan skin, and all clad out in jeans and cowboy boots. I can't help but let my jaw drop. "Hi." Stetson smiles, "I'm Stetson," his deep voice soothes "this here is Paige. Told ya I'd find the perfect girl for you before you did!" Jerry smirks.

----------------------------------------------------

Yay another chapter finished! And I'm ready for a nap! :/

Comment/vote/fan

~Taylor✌