Chapter 10

Watching Charlie beat up the guy who was about to molest me, was quite possibly the best thing ever to happen during my existence. I kid you not. It was pretty hot when Stetson would throw in a punch or shove here and there. Most girls would be mortified that their dad, who they just met for the first time in 15 years, and their NON boyfriend are beating up the guy who they used to like, right? Not me.

After about 5 minutes my mom called the police. I watched as they loaded Jason into the squad car, and took details from everyone near the scene. They said they would send a letter to us with the court dates and such.

"Hey Paige," Maria called.

"Yeah?"

"Wanna go see a movie tomorrow night?" She asked brightly.

That's one of the many great things about Maria. Always trying to move on and forget. Her boyfriend just tried to molest the closest thing she has to a best friend and she's already thinking about hanging out tomorrow. Now do you see why I love her?

"Of course!" I happily remark.

"Hey P, ready to go?" Stetsons deep voice rumbles.

I wave good bye to Maria, and tell her I'll see her at home. I walk over to Stetson and look at his face. His eye is swollen and slowly turning blue. Stets seems to notice my concern.

"Jason got me on a back swing with his elbow." He explains

"You're okay right?" I question as I clamber into his big truck.

"I'm fine Paige."

I nod and stare out the windshield.

"Stets," I say after a while.

"Yeah?" He asks, never taking his eyes off the road.

"Thank you." I say my voice hushed.

"For what?" He says, taking a quick glance at me before returning his gaze back to the road.

"For being her for me tonight, for kicking Jason's ass, for being such a sweetheart and helping me through everything. I don't always get the chance to show it, but I really do like you, a lot" his grip on the wheel tightens, "and I want you to know how much I really appreciate you. You've already been there for me when no one else has."

Stetson pulls over to the side of the road.

"Paige," his deep voice whispers.

"What's wrong Stets?" I ask worriedly.

"I was so scared," he whispers. His voice slightly cracking.

"Of what?" I push.

"Of losing you. You had history with him. And when I saw him with you, I flipped. I lost it. I wanted to kill him so bad, for hurting you. You mean so much to me," by now tears are dripping down his face, "please don't leave me Paige." He nearly sobs.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him tight. I rub small circles on his back, and burry my face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his musky scent.

And we just sat there, holding each other, and crying. Whispering soothing things every now and then.

"I love you Paige," Stetson mumbles behind my back.

"I love you too Stets,"
----------------------------------------------
• it short but it's here! That's all that matters.
Comment/ fan/ vote!
~Taylor 💙