Redneck Love Chapter 4

You would think me and Jason would be all 'lovey dovey' like in all those movies right? Well honey you're dead wrong. Not only were we not all love dovey, we weren't even friends. It's been nearly a week since the whole rain episode, and we haven't said more than a few words to each other. A few glances here and there, a wave if I was lucky. Sometimes I caught him staring at me, and sometimes I caught myself staring at him. Not more than a week since I have returned home and my momma already bought us our own house. Well it's not really a house. Yet. It's a piece of land we bought from Renee (more like she gave it to us but whatever). It's utterly gorgeous. A big field of golden wheat, and yellow flowers directly behind where the house will soon be. Renee claims it has been unattended to for years now, but by the looks of it Jason has taken pretty good care of it. Jason. Oh how I miss him. We acted like best friends out in the rain. Like we had known each other for years..

Maria has returned to doing what she does best. Being a maid. She got a job down at a little motel. Pays well. And it seems like she missed cleaning. And her tidiness looked to be like it was starting to get on Renee's nerves. She's always been kinda a neat freak. Which doesn't really make sense to me, but that's just who Maria is. Her new job keeps her busy. Which is by far the best part. Although I love Maria and she has truly become my best friend, she started to become clingy when she had nothing to do. Always following me everywhere, doing everything I did, and the most annoying part, picking out my flaws. With no cleaning to do she took up the opportunity to try out perfectionism. No bueno. I repeat. No bueno. Everything I did Maria chastised. I got caught numerous times by Maria, as she sawe stare at Jason. Of course I've been waiting for him to make the first move. He's the guy. That's the way it works right?

Momma got a new job too. Working at a couple dinners as a waitress, and occasionally she would be a bar tender at one of the bars nearby. Everyone around here knew her. You just don't forget someone like my momma in a small town like this. With her perfect light brown hair, tanned skin, and crystal blue eyes. She was the epitome of perfection. She looked like a country Barbie for crying out loud!!

The downside of being home? Not knowing people. I'm not very welcomed here, being known as a 'city girl'. Now I know why Jason profiled me like that. They all have. I belong here just as much as they do! Sometimes I see the teenage 'cowboys' giving me a side sneer. Makes me wanna get in their face and yell at 'em. I belong here. This is home. And no one is about to take it away from me again.

*

*

*

"Uhh.. Steph.." Renee's nervously voice interrupts our card game. Yes Renee," my mother asks calmly and cooly. "You gotta visitor.." Renee's voice shakes as she pushes the door open. I see my mothers face contort into a confused expression before he pushes herself off the hard wood floor of my bedroom, and follows Renee out towards the door. I follow short in pursuit as the ladies talk in hushed voices. What's going on?

As we step across the threshold it takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the bright light of the sun. And by the way my momma is squinting her eyes, she's adjusting too. Our necks snap up at the sound of a familiar car horn. A shiny silver car pulls up in front of Renee's house, looking totally out of place. In the distance I can see Jason jogging up the field to check on the noise. "Ahh Stephanie. Oh how I've missed you," my step fathers posh voice purrs as she steps out of his shiny vehicle and kisses my mothers cheeks. "James..," my mother as thrilled as physically possible. "How have you been dearest wife," James questiones, emphasizing 'wife' as he shoots Renee a look filled with venom. I step in front of her and flip James the bird. "My dearest step father," I imply mimicking his posh voice, "to what do we owe the divine honor of your presence?" I add a small curtsy to the end of my sentence, JUUSSTT to piss him off. And it seemed to be working. "Paige it seems I missed you the least." James says grinding his teeth. By now Jason is standing firmly by my side. I don't need to explain to him who this is. By his prissy attitude and fancy attire he knows. Maria has told him. Did I mention that while he was avoiding me those two became all 'buddy-buddy'?. "Awe did Jamesy miss me?" I coo in a tone used whilst talking to children, "I almost feel bad for NOT missing you. Almost." I place my index finger on my chin. James clenches his jaw and Jason stiffens next to me. He takes a step up onto the deck. "Paige," his sick voice slurrs, my name rolling off his rouge venomously, "it seems you forgot who wears the pants in this family." He says sternly taking another step up. "Well you seem to be wearing the prissy pants so not you." I reply shrugging my shoulders. His cheeks go bright red. I know I crossed his line. But do I care? No. James grinds his teeth and by the look on his face as he glances to the hulk like figure standing slightly behind me, he isn't happy. He looks to be debating when to murder me. Now, or in my sleep. He chose now. James lurches forward and wraps his polished little hands around my neck. Pushing me up against the wall. The tips of my toes barely touch the floor as he lifts me, never moving his grip from my neck. I look over at Jason as I feel my oxygen depleting. His swipes a strong, calloused hand at James. But he expects it and ducks. That seemed to piss Jason of pretty bad. Jason runs straight at James jabbing his should right into my step fathers rib cage. He talked him and pins his hands above his head. The look held sternly upon Jason's face, is a look to kill. Chills run up my spine. All I know is I never want to see that look directed at me. What happens next I would have NEVER expected. James puckers his lips and spits, directly in Jason's face. James is an active tobacco chewer, so his spit is vile. A greenish brown color, and is cant smell all that great either. All tobacco and battery acids acting as one, poor Jason's eyes.. Jason groans but ignores the pain, and punches James squarely in the jaw. My step father, being the twit that he is, immediately starting crying. Jason muttered something along the lines of 'puney city boys' under his breath as he returned to my side. His eyes a sickly red color. "Jason..." I whisper reaching up to stroke the cut right above his left eyebrow, standing on my tip toes. "Go to to the well and rinse it out. I'll take care of the bastard." Renee says pointing over her shoulder at my whimpering step dad.

I rush along side Jason, struggling to keep up with his long strides. His eyes now showing flecks of yellow. How he isn't screaming in pain I have no idea.. He dunks his head into a bucket of water he filled from the well. Rubbing his eyes repeatedly. "Jason.. Let me help," I say taking a step toward him. As I place my hand on his face he flinches, and steps away from me. I look down at my feet in disappointment. He places his warm thumb under my chin and forces me to look into his deep brown eyes. His shoulders relax when he looks into my green ones. The whites of his eyes no more than a light pink. He uses his free hand, to place on the small of my back and pull me in closer to him, crashing me into his defined chest. With no more than an inch between us. He removes his hand from beneath my chin, and traces the finger mark bruises now forming on my neck. The deep purple and blue colors showing against my pale skin. I wince at the slight touch of his fingers he pauses an rests his thumb against my neck. I close my eyes and breathe deeply, my breath hitching. He chuckles, his chest vibrating against mine. He bends his head down close to the side of my neck. My breathing patterns go all out of wack. And he kisses them. Each and every finger mark on each side of my neck. Gingerly, but affectionatively. I try to not wince at his touch, not wanting him to stop. He pulls his head away and gently smiles down at me. I stand on my tiptoes and run my thumb along his cut, which is still slightly bleeding. His body tenses up, and now I giggle. I reach up and place one gentle kiss right on his cut. As I return to normal hight he looks at me with a smirk on his face. I send him a confused face and he chuckles. He leans down again pressing his forehead against mine "You missed." He says plainly, and crashes his soft, warm lips against mine.

---------------------------------------------

Ahh finally that kiss.. What do you think they are going to do about James? He knows where they are now. How did he find them? Hmm..

Go fan ST_IN_luvs_u !!

Comment/fan/vote!

~Taylor❤