Chapter 8

It's been 2 days since Stetsons and I's date ( and kiss). We have texted like crazy and every day I walk down to Jerry's and help as much as I can.

"Paige," Stetsons voice calls out. I turn my head in the direction of his voice.

"Hey Stets," I reply with a smile.

"There's someone here to see you," Stetson grins wildly.

"Stets...," I ask warily.

He grins and grabs my hand, pulling me with him. I drag my feet in protest

"Stetson," I whine

"Paige," he mocks me.

I stick my tongue out at him, and attempt to pout. Stetson laughs loudly.

"What's so funny," I ask

"You such a pouting P," he laughs out again.

I gasp in fake shock. Before I can reply I realized Stetson had dragged me to the front of the building. And standing there, admiring the new and old cars, is my mother.

"Mom," I question.

"Hey Paigey," she says calling me by my childish nickname. Which she only calls me when she has bad news.

"Mom," I say slowly.

"What," she says with a smile WAY to big.

"You only call me Paigey when something wrong, or you have bad news. What is it," I say placing my hands on my hips.

"Yourdadscomingoverfordinnertonight," she says without a breath.

It takes me a minute to comprehend what she just said. My dad, the poor excuse of a man who attempted to kill me last time he saw me, is coming over for dinner tonight.

I'm not one to yell at my mom. We have been through too much. But this? In acceptable.

"We'll then you may have dinner without me," I say as calm as I can. Stetson tenses up behind me.

"ACTUALLY," my mom exaggerates, "he's coming over to "apologize" to you for the way he behaved last time we saw him..,"

"You do realize we came all the way out here to get AWAY from him right? He's not even my real dad. So why should we have to 'make up'." I say becoming more aggravated by the second.

"Not that father Paige... Your real dad..," she stares down at her feet as she fiddles with her hands.

My real dad. The man who bolted the second he found out my mom was pregnant, only to come back a month later drunk off his arse. Heck no.

"Thought he was in prison," I say numbly.

"He's been released for almost 2 years now," she says, her icy blue eyes staring into my green ones, "I know you're worried about it, and I figured you would be, so I've already met with him. He really is a changed man Paige,"

A look of remorse washes over my moms face. Me and her have both had our fair share of trouble with men. Her father died at an early age, and left on a bad note with her.

I don't like seeing my mom upset. She never has stopped loving Charlie. I used to constantly find her looking through old photo albums, small tears dripping down her face.

"Fine mom, I'll meet him, as long as Stetson can come," Stetson tenses behind me again. He sure wasn't expecting that one.

"Of course! See you both at 7," my mom wraps me into a tight hug, and leaves happy and cheery.

I turn around and stare at Stetson, a scowl etched across his face.

"Surprise," I say sluggishly.

"You realize now I get to meet Jason and you're dad all in the same day," he says his voice an octave deeper than usual.

I look down and nod.

"You're lucky I like you," he says giving me one of his famous Stetson bear hugs.

---------------------------------------------

Okay, so I know I promise last chapter that Stetson and Jason would meet in THIS chapter, but when I typed it up it seemed so rash, and not well put together. So this way I can go into more detail, and depth. So NEXT chapter they meet! PLUS as a bonus for not giving you what I promised, I decided to have you meet her real dad now too. Ooh I'm excited for you all! :)

-Taylor🎀