A Sweet Release

It was the middle of the night and you had gotten precisely zero hours of sleep. You had taken off your jeans and bra, leaving the green t-shirt and a pair of basic white panties. Turning over onto your side and trying unsuccessfully to find a comfortable position, you sighed loudly in the quiet room for probably the hundredth time in the last few hours. Usually it wasn't difficult for you to fall asleep, but tonight there were too many thoughts racing through your mind. Thoughts that all revolved around Negan.

You kept replaying the interaction with him earlier, how he had actually came to your room, despite the possibility of being seen. How he hadn't seemed to give a fuck when Ben was at the door. How he had changed your band aid for you. How he had looked at your cleavage with fire in his eyes and said that he wanted to fuck you.

You pressed your thighs together tightly in response. It had been so difficult to stand your ground with your hand on his chest and the word "no" coming out of your mouth. Every fiber in your body had been screaming at you to instead pull him closer and bring that beautiful yet vulgar mouth down onto your own, to drag him over to the small bed and let him do whatever he wanted.

And it was one thing for him to give non-verbal hints that he wanted to have sex with you, but for him to say it so explicitly...that had really thrown you for a loop. So much so that it was all you were able to think about since he had left.

Part of you was kicking yourself for not taking advantage of the situation, but the other part knew that you had made the right decision, especially after he had all but said that sleeping with him meant he saw you as his new wife. If you had slept with him first and found that out the hard way then you would've regretted your actions, as well as felt resentment towards Negan.

Much as it was torturing you now to think about how you had turned him down, being open and honest had been the right move. You hadn't been lying about how you felt in regards to him having five wives. You also hadn't been lying when you told him you didn't expect him to give them up, which put you in a shitty lose-lose position.

You prided yourself on having a high level of self-confidence and knew that becoming one of his multiple wives would quickly hurt that self-confidence. Attractive and charming as he was, you still deserved better than to be lumped in with five other women. You deserved to stand out and be seen as beautiful and intelligent and worthy of an exclusive relationship...something which Negan couldn't give you.

There was also the dip in status that would come with being one of Negan's wives. You had worked your ass off in the kitchen to gain respect from compound members and be seen as a capable leader. Unfortunately, it wasn't any easier post-apocalypse for a woman to be taken seriously as a man's equal, and one of the quickest ways for a woman to lose respect from others was to be known as the one screwing the boss.

Ticking off all these points in your head about why turning Negan down made logical sense still didn't mean that you were happy about it. It also didn't mean that you desired him any less.

You thought back to his words earlier, I'm not going to pretend that I don't want to climb between those pretty thighs and fuck you senseless, because Jesus fuck do I ever.

Your breath quickened a pace just remembering how his voice had sounded saying the words, all deep and gravelly. How his eyes had pinned you to the spot and caused a physical reaction that had almost left you speechless.

The sex dreams had given you brief taste of what it could feel like to fuck him, but you knew that they were probably nothing compared to reality. Negan might be a bit of a tyrant and more than a bit of an asshole, but you'd bet all of your points that he was fantastic in the sack. That confidence and swagger didn't come from nowhere, not to mention the stamina needed to fuck five women on a regular basis.