9. Cheater Cheater Lasagna Eater

I looked up from my history textbook. Sam was leaning down on my desk. I sighed.

"What?" I asked.

"So, I heard about you and Eric," he smirked. "You really are going through with our bet."

"If I do, there will be one less guy bothering me," I said. "I'd say that's a pretty good deal."

"I'm hurt," Sam said playfully. "You hate me that much?"

"It's not the matter of hating you," I rolled my eyes. "It's the matter of finding someone I want to date, which is none of you. And before you ask me why, it's because first, I'm trying to wait until I have more time, which is probably in college, and second, I don't want to trust players as my lifelong partner." Whom I thought would be Paul. Stupid! Quit bringing him up!

"Lifelong?"

"I plan on getting married when I meet the right guy," I smiled sweetly. "And as far as I can see, the right guy doesn't go to this school."

"Ouch. Well, good luck with that."

"Now, are we going to work on this worksheet or not? Sit down, will you?"

Sam plopped down next to me. We read the section and filled out the worksheet. I couldn't help but notice that he wrote down whatever I did.

"Can you do your own work, please?" I said, getting irritated when I saw that he copied everything down word for word.

"It's group work."

"Ugh." I ignored him and continued the work.

"The Renaissance," Sam muttered. "Is French for 'rebirth'. It was born in Northern Italy and soon spread throughout Europe. Many--"

"Can you read in your head? It's a bit distracting."

Sam grinned. "That's the point."

I rolled my eyes for what felt like the billionth time. "What's with you boys and distracting my studies. First Alex steals my notes and now you annoy me when I'm doing my work."

"It's fun to annoy you." He poked my cheek with his pencil.

"Why?" I slapped his hand away. "Joey said the exact same thing, but I thought it was only because he was....you know."

"Because," Sam smirked. "You are so....annoyable."

I snickered. "Is that even a word?"

"Yes, I made it up, so it's a word."

"Yeah, and I invented chocolate."

"Okay, genius. Get back to work. I still need to finish this part."

"You cheater."

"It's called using resources." Sam tapped the side of my head with his finger. "Now, back to work, homework simulator."

I shrugged. "Just so you know, it's not my fault if you get a bad grade."

"You're like at the top of the class. I don't think I have to worry about it."

Great. These boys were peas in a pod. How were they so similar? Copying work and annoying. They could have grown up together. I shook my head and continued to write.

****

"Boo!" I jumped when I heard someone grab my shoulder. I let out a yelp. I whirled around and lo and behold, Roger the great was standing behind me, laughing his head off.

"You jerk!" I fumed. "Don't do that! I hate you!"

"Oh, don't be like that," Roger said, still laughing.