Chapter 8

Sweden stalked closer to Norway, "Then he won't know unless Danmark tells him" the intimidating Swede said. Norway's hold on his little brother tightened ever so slightly. The younger nation, having no idea what was happening just held onto his brother laying his head on Norway's shoulder. "Storebror, what is he talking about?" a young voice whispered. Sweden opened his mouth to explain he was cut off by Norway, "It's nothing, let's go to bed, Emil" the older nation explained glad to have an excuse to leave Sweden's presence.

"But I'm not tired storebror" Iceland complained

"It's time for children to sleep, say god natt to everyone" Norway quickly responded sternly.

Iceland pouted as Norway carried the child nation to his room. Sweden and Denmark exchanged glances before the Swede followed the Norwegian, keeping his distance though.

Once Norway had laid the young nation down he turned to leave. When a small hand grabbed the skirt of his bunad he faced Iceland again. "Can you stay with me? I don't want you to leave" Iceland asked shyly. A small smile made it's way to Norway's face. The southern nation sat on the bed next to his little brother. Iceland nuzzled closer to Norway like a child to its mother. Norway held the young child close, comfortingly stroking Iceland's hair. The older nation hummed softly,

"Sofðu unga ástin mín, útí regnið grœtur.

Bróðir geymir gullin þin, gamla leggi og völuskrín.

Við skulum ekki vaka um dimmar nœtur

Pað er magrt, sem myrkrið veit, minn er hugur þungur.

Oft ég svartan sandinn leit svíða grœnan engireit.

Í jöklinum búa dauða djupar sprungar.

Sofðu lengi, sofðu rótt, seint mun best að vakna.

Mœðan kenna mun þér fljótt, meðan hallar degi skjótt,

að mennirnir elska, missa, gráta og sakna"

Seeing Iceland was asleep, Norway slipped away from the sleeping child careful not to wake him. A few tears escaped Norway's eyes, falling down his face as he left the room. Wiping away the tears, Norway faced his Eastern neighbor, "Alright, let's go. Before Ísland wakes".