Ch 23 - Who is Zero?

^^^JOHN DELUCA, AKA KARR...❤️😍

For the LAST time, I DON'T KNOW WHEN ELEMENT WILL BE UP, LET ALONE TYPED! Leave me alone!!!

***

"Are you sure this entire place has been debugged?" my fiancée questioned the Cypher team on site.

I dragged her away from them. "Blossom, they've already checked the whole house four times under my request. It's clean."

"I'm just so angry! We don't even know who that woman was and who she works for. For all we know, she could be working for Black, which means that monster has been watching my dad the whole time," she said angrily.

"I can guarantee you that we're going to figure everything out. Right now your father is down at FBI HQ to try and see how much has been compromised. Franco has confirmed that what we saw when your dad first told us about Margaux was in fact a video and not a live feed," I informed.

"I don't understand. How come he saw the real Margaux then, and didn't recognize her this time round?" she questioned.

"He doesn't remember us coming to talk to him. He remembers that you'd been kidnapped, but that part of his memories has been tampered with," I explained.

"Just like with me," she said in realization.

I nodded. "There are definitely some things coming together, which I think we should see as a win for now, but there's obviously still a lot that we need to figure out, but I promise you that we will figure everything out," I said strongly.

"I believe you. What happens now?" she asked.

"Now we're heading to HQ. Your stepmom is luckily out of town, so we don't even need to lie to her about Nick. Your dad thinks Nick is in St Barts with everyone else, so it will stay that way. They'll be moved to a new safe house, so we don't need to be around for that. Would you like to see him before we leave?" I asked her.

"No! Let's just go. The quicker we figure things out, the better," she replied.

I was in agreement with that alright.

We left the Cypher team there and headed back to the airport after we'd gone past my house for some stuff. Karr and Mordecai had been on their devices since we'd found out about Margaux's imposter, so I was keen to find out what they had put together.

"What are we looking at here?" I asked once we were in the air again.

Jetlag is going to be our new best friend.

"We need to get Ayah to crack. We all know that she's under her own special oath to Margaux, but we need her to break that oath and tell us the real truth about where Margaux has been," Karr said as he clicked away on his laptop. With his glasses on, I knew this was a truly serious matter.

"That's if she even knows anything. For all we know, she's protecting something that she too knows nothing about," Zuri pointed out.

"I'm with Zuri on this. From what I've gathered from you guys, Margaux isn't even supposed to be off the grid to begin with. What if Ayah doesn't even know where she is?" blossom asked.

It's definitely a strong possibility.

"Ok, I think we need to back track for a moment here. When was the last time any of us saw Margaux in person?" Mordecai asked.

"Xander, Nigel and I last saw her when Xander went to confront her about Elle's kidnapping," Aziel replied.

"Alac and I had seen her way before that, and Karr hasn't seen her in over a year, which means that was the last time probably any of us saw her. What we can try and get out of Ayah is when Margaux was actually last present at HQ," Mordecai responded.