Ch 22 - Could It Be A Major Blindside?

^^^BLOSSOM'S DRESS ❤️

"Where's Nick?" Cash asked me as we all sat at breakfast.

"Nick was shot," blossom finally told them.

"What the hell? We've been here for a week now and you failed to mention this to us. Considering the fact that we last saw him on the day we got here, I'm going to assume that was the day he was shot?" Sunny asked.

"It's a very complicated story that we ourselves honestly don't even know anymore," I confessed.

And that was the truth.

Izsak, being the weirdo he is, came to tell us that we don't know what we're dealing with, and then he left the room. Jayme and blossom obviously went after him, but he'd already vanished. All talks ceased after that since we couldn't understand what had just occurred. Blossom didn't even sleep.

"Is that why you both look like hell?" Eli asked us. The rest of the Cypher agents were being wise by actually sleeping, with Bridgette joining her boyfriend.

I sighed. "We can't sleep, or at least blossom can't sleep, and I can't sleep if she's not ok."

"That right there is love. I would never sacrifice my sleep like that," Wesley said.

"Gee thanks babe," Felix commented, to which she received an unbothered shrug.

"That's why I love him," blossom said as she held my hand.

"I know we had a program for the day, but you guys should probably spend the day together," Sunny suggested.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea," I agreed.

"The two of you haven't bonded since you got here, so you can go ahead whenever you're ready," Cash added.

"Want to go now?" my fiancée asked.

I nodded. "Sure."

We left the table and headed back to our room to change into our swimwear. Since I was already wearing shorts, I put on a black t-shirt, while she wore a beautiful sundress. We left the room and headed down to a more secluded part of the beach.

"I don't want to do this anymore," she commented after a while. We'd been sitting in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Do what exactly?" I asked.

She looked out at the sea. "Everything."

"You don't want to be with me?" I asked, trying to mask my panic.

"I'll never leave you Xander. I'm talking about everything else in our lives," she replied.

"This is what you signed up for blossom. You said it yourself," I reminded.

She lay her head on my shoulder. "That doesn't mean I have to be ok with it."

"Good point. I've been where you are though. We all go through this stage where we feel like perhaps being an agent isn't worth it, despite all the good that we do. It's normal. I just hope you're not giving up," I said ardently.

"Does every agent go through the whole 'the world actually needs me to not give up' debate in their heads?" she asked.

I nodded. "Again, it's normal, especially because the world does actually need you."

"Doesn't it irritate you that the world doesn't even know what you do for them?" she asked as she sat up straight.

I moved so that I was sitting in front of her. "If we were doing it for recognition, then we'd be doing it for all the wrong reasons. Saving the world is about doing what's right and not expecting anything in return for it, despite the lavish lifestyles we actually live thanks to this life."