1. House

Dan

6 months

That's how long it's been. Trust me- I've been keeping track. You know that thing prisoners do in movies to count the days? I do that. So now the wall in front of me is covered in 183 tally marks. Each mark represents the number of days I've been alone in this house. Most would have gone crazy but after 28 years you get use to it.

Things haven't always been like this. I use to be happy. I use to have a family. I use to have people I cared about. I use to have a life. But now I'm stuck here, trapped within these boring walls.

I tried to leave but it was like an invisible force pushing me back, forcing me back into the house. I would try to open the front door only to find I couldn't take a step past the threshold. I even tried to resort to suicide, all to no result. I would try to cut my veins only to see the cuts vanish from my skin, not leaveing any trace on my pale skin. No blood, no scars. I tried to hang myself only to have the rope tear at my neck . Overdose on pills? Nope. Nothing fucking worked. So I just gave up.

If I'm going to be trapped on earth forever I might as well have some fun. That's why people rarely try to live here. They move in and I scare them the fuck away. It's hilarious but most of the time its lonely.

That's why I was surprised when I heard the two voices downstairs discussing the price for the house.

Phil

I originally was looking for a small apartment but I just couldn't stop myself when I saw the "For Sale" sign outside this beautiful house. It was at a great price too! I'm sure Liz is gonna love it.

"Sir, are you sure you want this house?" asks the real estate agent right when I was about to sign the papers. "It does have a bad reputation after all."

Nothing is gonna change my mind.

"Very," I respond with a small smile.

And with that I sign my signature and the house is mine.

***

"Liz, you're not gonna believe what I just bought!" I say excitedly into the phone.

It took a couple of rings until my girlfriend, Elizabeth, answered the phone but it's alright. She's probably studying or something as she just needs a couple more weeks to graduate.

"What- (muffled sound)- is it?" There is noise in the background making it hard to hear her.

"Is something wrong?" My eyebrows furrow together in confusion.

"No no!" She says quickly, sounding like panic. "I just- ahhh!- my neighbor brought her dog over and its j-jumping on m-me."

"Elizabeth, you're allergic to dogs," I say plainly. What could she be doing?

"Who is it?" says a male voice in the background. I don't recognize them.

"Who was that?" I'm starting to get a bit suspicious.

"-shut up! Oh sorry, that's my neighbor's friend?" She states it like it's a question.

I'm about to ask what they were doing when she cuts me off suddenly.

"Look Phil, dear, I have to go," she say quickly.

"Okay b-"

The line goes dead before I could even finish saying bye. I didn't even get to tell her the news.

That was... weird.

***

I wonder what Liz was doing?

I'm back with a new fic! I know I haven't finished "The End" (promo, y'all should read it) but I just really want to write this one. I don't want to make it too long. Probably less than 20 chapters.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think so far! I'd love to hear from you.

-Ana 💙