chapter 1

Author's Note: lots of ground work i need to lay before you will be noticed by someone like laxus. basically.....how do you get a workaholic to notice you? you become their work. that's the idea.

reader pov (aka chris in this story)

***rrrriiiinnnngggg***

yeah...

hello. my name is lucy heartfillia and im just calling you today about the ad on craigslist.

the one about the roommate?

yes. is it alright if we chat about the details over some lunch in say.....20 minutes?

umm...ok. where at?

the Starbucks on 22nd and main

alright. any way i can tell its you?

i have blond hair and ill be wearing a blue jersey

alright ill be there

ok!! ill see you soon!!

yeah

***end call***

i sighed. i really didn't wanna go through with this but....i gotta. the little two bedroom i have is getting a little pricey and im slowly running out of savings. guess i need to get a job soon. it will work out just fine. i walked out of my room and into the shower. i took a quick shower and put on a nice pair of jeans, a plain tee, and some sneakers. ok. i looked in the mirror. shirts a little tight but fits well. everyone will know i work out so i guess that's cool too. i adjusted my belt so the jeans rode on my hips just right. ok. my studs are in my ears, wrist watch is on. im good. im set to go out.

i had to walk to the starbucks cause i dont have a fucking car. i didn't think i needed one cause i got tooo many friends. i also dont have a job so i cant really afford the extra stuff. i walked in the door and scanned the area. i spotted a woman with bright blond hair tied in a pony tail with a blue jersey on sitting all by herself near the window. that must be her. this lucy lady. i walked over and causally took a seat. she should have been expecting me. she was deeply involved in her phone and she didn't look up when i took a seat. "im sorry, sir. im actually expecting someone," she said. she sounded aggravated. like this isn't the first time someone has joined her. i got a good look at her. she was pretty good looking. ample bosom that was perky. hoop earrings and silky smooth skin. i would definitely talk to her, if i wasn't gay. "i know you are expecting someone. that's why im sitting here," i said. there was a hint of sarcasm in my deep voice but it wasn't intentional. "look man, im-" she looked up at me. she yelped and a dark blush appeared on her cheeks. i mean...i know im good looking but seriously? she held out a hand. "im lucy and im totally single," she had a little crack in her voice. a complete 180 from her voice just 2 minutes ago. i shook her hand. "im (f/n) (l/n) but you can call me Chris. its nice to meet you," i said. its kinda mean of me to lead her on like this but you gotta admit...its fucking hilarious. she still hadn't let go of my hand yet. just stared. "id like to have my hand back," i said flatly. she shook out of her daze and let my hand go. just stared blankly with her blush. "soooo....about the ad," i started. she shook her head frantically to snap out of it. "im soooo sorry, chris. its just...are you dating anyone? cause im totally available and-" i cut her off. "im sorry, lucy. im flattered by im very gay," i said it simply. she sighed. "of course you are," she grunted. "sooo....back to the ad," i said. another sigh. "yeah...im in the middle of looking for an apartment right now. kinda living out of my car soo yeah. i need a nice warm bed to get into. how much?" she said. "the apartment as a whole is 2k a month but i already pay like 1500. utilities are already included so you would just need to pay the 500 plus like any other stuff you want like cable or a home phone. i already have the internet," i said. she nodded. "sounds like a plan. when can i go see it?" she asked. i shrugged. "now. its like three blocks from here," i said. another shrug. "i dont do walking cause i got a car. you need a ride?" i shrugged. she pulled out her keys and i followed her out the door.