Chapter 7: the last stand

"It...ssss ccco...ld" I chattered. "W..e shh..ouldv'e brought H.....Hephaestus" Athena said, freezing in the ice-cold breeze. "He's a jerk. He doesn't even Try to help us with fire, even though he controls it!"Armes said, completely unaffected by the cold. "Guys! Th....ere's one n...now" Athena chattered. We watched in amazement and freezing cold as we watched a chimera run towards the human village. I looked Back at Zeus to ask what we should do, but he was already trying to defeat it, lightning and all. Poseidon made quick work of the ice on the ground, thawing it, and casting the half-penguin chimera in a huge block of ice. "That's one" Poseidon said, wiping the snow particles from his forehead. I heard the same sound I heard last night, the sound of a million paws, scampering on the ground. There were hundreds of thousands of the same beast running towards the village, half of them running towards us. We ran to protect the village, Zeus, of course running the fastest. One of the chimeras tackled Zeus, causing a massive fit of lightning bots flying from the sky. After the beast was paralyzed, Zeus was lying on the ground with scratches all over his face. He was once again glowing bright yellow. His irises started almost glowing, and he started emitting black smoke. After a few seconds, he was fully healed, but his hair turned brown, and his irises turned a natural green. The other gods stood there in awe, almost forgetting chimeras were about to attack us. "They...they took my elements away" Zeus stammered. The ice caps around us started melting and forming an ice bubble around the cold, sad brunette child. The chimera couldn't break through the bubble, so they stopped trying. We kept up our desperate a sprint to the village, but there were only about fifteen survivors. "Sword me" Ares said. Poseidon made a razor-sharp ice katana from the snow around us and handed it to Ares. "Back me up" he said to Athena. What should I do? Athena leaned down and said "All you can do for now is try your best." "Ok" I mumbled under my breath. Athena then pushed me desperately out of the way of a chimera. Ares flew by with his sword, slashing the chimera to shreds. Still falling, I held out my hands to break my fall. When my hands touched the ground, the ice and the water beneath us started shaking. Arms made of bone reached up all around us and pulled themselves out of the ice and snow. They were trying to fight off the chimera with just their fists, but Poseidon reached out and gave them swords as well.  "Just like your father used to do." Athena said with a comforting smile. Once all of the chimera were gone, the skeletons crawled down their holes again, and we went back to Olympus.
    Yes, that was our great victory we won in the war back then, and everything's normal these days, the new Zeus is just like I was at the start of the war, so I know just how to help him. The human race is thriving, but Hermes gave us recent reports of siren hoards terrorizing humans. But this time, we were ready for war.