"Probably because Hermione is perfect. She's beautiful, intelligent, sweet, and strong. You would expect her to be capable of everything," the Head Girl says without a whim of maliciousness or jealousy. To all the ears listening, it is known that Clary speaks only of her perceptions, hiding no intentions in her words. It makes Hermione blush a bright pink at the woman, Tom smirking wider in consequence.

"Thank you, Clary. You are far too sweet," Hermione responds, almost stuttering given her embarrassment, yet thankfulness for the girl's words.

"My mother says I talk too much," Clary remarks, seemingly on a new tangent that is only vaguely related to the last.

"You do," Tom quips, the three dodging as a bludger flies at them, missing them entirely. Seemingly humming in agreement with Tom's affirmation, it becomes clear to Hermione that Clarence Nevarse has no concern for how others treat her, self-confidence soaring yet no sign of cockiness in her tone.

But, all the while, Hermione hates the awkward situation, standing between complete darkness and pure light. It's silent between them as the game rages on, the two females watching with pleasure as the male looks to the crowds for any rule-breaking. But, above all else, there is a tension to their united presence upon the Ravenclaw stands, with both Tom and Hermione playing games with one another and Clary standing ignorantly by. It comes as a relief to the darkness when the Hufflepuff Seeker catches the Snitch and wins the game.

The three move out of the stands behind the remainder of the crowd, Ravenclaws pouting and Hufflepuffs threatening drunken celebrations. And yet, neither Clary nor Tom see to this, not liable to threats but actions themselves. So, the awkwardness of the forced social situation continues, dragging onward as they move up from the Quidditch pitch and towards the school.

"That was quite disappointing," Clary finally remarks, her smile still present although at a lower level of happiness.

"Maybe if Lovegood spent as much time practicing as he did imagining, Ravenclaw would've won," Tom remarks, prompting Hermione's surprise at the Lovegood's presence here in this time. Of course, Hermione checked for Potters and Weasleys upon arriving here in the 1940s, but the family seems to be some years older than this attending group of students. It's a shame and a blessing.

"He is quite strange, isn't he...?" Clarence mutters, her smile finally dropping as she zones out much like Luna Lovegood always did. Meeting Tom's eyes in a strange incidence of united feeling, the two do not know what to say, Hermione shrugging in acceptance of more silence. Tom follows her lead.

A pacing figure becomes prominent as the three move towards the Castle and consequently towards the Black Lake. With his white-hair and lanky figure, Hermione easily recognizes Abraxas Malfoy and the entirety of his serious expression as he looks to a letter in his hands.

"Brax!" the time-traveller calls, prompting the boy to freeze. Looking up, it takes him some seconds to recognize Hermione with a bright smile, though it fades to seriousness as he then gazes upon Tom Riddle at his friend's side. Between Hermione's friendliness and Tom's power over Abraxas, the boy has no choice in wandering over to the three when Hermione gestures for him to do such. Clarence, he notices, smiles brightly at him, prompting Abraxas to nod in greeting.

"Hello Abraxas," Tom remarks with a fake smile of cordiality, obvious to those who know of Riddle's darkness, namely Hermione and Malfoy.

"Tom," Brax greets, nodding at the boy before turning to Hermione. "Do you need something?"

"Are you doing anything?" Hermione counters, a plan hatching in her mind.

"Not really, no."

"Clarence would really like to go out with you," Hermione says, driven by her mission...the mission that always holds the forefront of her thoughts and dreams.