Chapter 11

I couldn't move, scream or see. All the senses I needed for communicating were gone. I could hear everything. There were 3 voices that I knew, then another mans. His voice was like velvet and held knowledge that could only come with experience. His voice, like the others, was full of tears. I felt the pressure of someone holding my hand to them and tears drop on my arm.

It made me wonder why angel tears were toxic to demons but it didn't happen the other way. I tried to talk and felt nothing. It was just an echo in my head. I could hear someone sobbing and I couldn't comfort them. I knew the one holding my hand was the one that was and I wanted to hold them and tell them to not be sad. What were they all so upset about anyway?

There was a mumbling coming from the 3 that weren't near me. The one with the velvet voice spoke first and clearest even though his voice seemed thick with emotion.

"You have to let her go." It seemed they were talking to the man holding my hand. When this was said he lifted my head and rested it on his legs. I tried to move and say how uncomfortable it was. But I couldn't. Wait were they talking about me?

"No." He whispered with so much passion I hardly recognised the voice. The shock of who it belonged to swept through me. Damon was sobbing. The devil was crying that much over something, what had happened?

"Please don't make this any harder." The man with the velvet voice whispered back. He seemed closer this time.

"I can't let her go. I can't! No let go of me!" He hand was ripped from mine and my head was lightly placed back on the floor. I tried to yell in protest. My hand felt so cold and empty without his touch. His voice got quieter until it was not there anymore.

"Was that necessary?" I think that was Toms voice but it was hardly there under all the sobs that kept bursting from him.

"Yes and if you can't handle it then you should leave to." His voice was becoming hard but I could still hear the tears in the velvet's mans voice.

"I can handle it, but how are you?" His sobs only slowed slightly but didn't stop.

"I have to, it's my job." His voice became quieter.

"But isn't she your..." His voice drifted off leaving the sentence unfinished. What was he going to say? She's his what!?

"Yes she is but I have to do what I'm told..."

"Okay...I don't think I can watch this." I heard footsteps and a door shut leaving me alone with this man. I think Cole had taken Damon from the room.

I felt a hand brush my cheek and I tried to flinch from it.

"Oh...my sweetheart...what have you gotten yourself into?" I could sense he was right in front of me. Was he talking to me?

"Its time to wake up now." He grasped the sides of my face and held it tight. I was trying so hard to show I was awake. A scream ripped out of me and I felt toxic running through my head. My eyes opened wide and the scream kept coming. I could see that black smoke was fuming out of mouth with my screams. I tried to struggle away but the mans hands held me still. I couldn't see him and I didn't care, I just wanted the pain to stop.

"STOP!" I managed to scream. I could feel tears running down my cheeks and my whole body was tense with pain and the smoke ripped its way out of me.

"I'm so sorry." Was all he whispered. I could hardly hear it over my own screams.

"PLEASE!"

"I can't." The pain felt like it was continuing for eternity. When all of a sudden it stopped. There was nothing but the echo of what was once there. My breath came out in short gasps and the tears still flooded my eyes making it hard to see. There was a flash of bright light that made me flinch.