Chapter 8

Carmen

I cant believe we had kissed. It wasnt my first kiss but none of the others had ever been like that. I could still feel his lips against mine even though they were no longer there. It may sound cheesy but it was like a hundred fireworks exploded in my head. I knew that the kiss would be all I would be able to think of now.

I wanted to kiss him again...but that was wrong, wasn't it? He was the devil after all. And my kidnapper. Also how quickly he could lose his temper was scary.

But there was something in his eyes that made me believe he could be saved. I promised I would do whatever I could to achieve that. I leant my back against the door and sighed. I needed to see him again.

I had never felt that way about a guy before.

I opened the door and walked straight into Cole.

"Oops sorry," He turned to me and I could see he had been crying, "Whats the matter?"

"Nothing." He turned back around to face the wall.

"Now that's a lie, you can talk to me." I placed my hand on his arm and turned him back to face me.

"No I can't, you are my bosses now."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I...I...it's nothing.." He was stuttering over his words and I couldn't understand why.

"No what is it?" His face suddenly turned stern.

"Why would you even care?"

"Because i'm your friend." He barked out a laugh.

"My friend. You really think I would be friends with a filthy human who is tainted by angel?" His face was saying that he meant every word but his eyes were saying he was telling lies. Keeping my voice soft I placed a hand on his arm. Trying to keep the hurt from my eyes.

"What has gotten into you?" He ripped his arm from my hand and growled at me.

"Do you not get it. All that time before was fake. He asked me to soften you up for him so I did. But now he has you I don't need to do my job anymore." It was an instant reaction as I brought my hand up and slapped him hard around the face. Tears poured from my eyes.

"Move out of my way."

"What?"

"I said MOVE!" With that I barged past him and stalked down the hallway towards the garden. I hoped Damon would be there.

When I got halfway I heard footsteps running behind me. I didn't look back.

"Carmen I wouldn't go into the garden if I were you." Cole yelled down the hallway after me.

"Oh and all of a sudden you care for me again. Get lost." I continued walking.

"Okay but don't say I didn't warn you." The footsteps behind me stopped coming towards me and echoed in the opposite direction. Tears began flooding down my face. By the time I got there I had managed to pull myself together enough to stop crying and as I walked into the garden and towards the lake I looked like I had never been crying.

I got to the bridge quickly and luck must be on my side as stood in the centre with his back to me was Damon. I couldn't help the smile that flooded my lips. I began to run towards him when I heard a girly giggle.

Standing in front to him was an incredibly beautiful red head. She had the black eyes of a demon. She was batting her eyes up at him and laughing. I couldn't see his face but he had his arms around her waist.

The tears began again and this time they were a lot stronger than the ones before. My whole breathing changed to shallow breaths. I felt like someone had ripped out my heart and handed it to me.

I looked back up at him to see her lean towards him and he do the same. I turned and ran not wanting to see him do the same thing that he had done to me less than an hour ago.

When I reached the gates I collapsed in tears. I couldn't help it. I had somehow fallen for him in that small amount of time. I felt like such an idiot. He was the devil how could I of been so damn stupid, it was literally his job to mess with people. I curled up into a pathetic ball and tried to get the image of them out of my head.

But I couldn't.

I don't know how long I cried there for but even though the tears hadn't stopped I knew they would be coming down this way soon so I picked myself up. I walked back with my arms around my chest. I could feel myself falling apart and I know its stupid but I was trying to keep myself together.

I got back to my room and Cole was sat there looking at the wall with a grin on his face. He didn't look at me as he talked.

"Did you like what you saw?" I pulled in a shaky breath and opened my door. He looked up when he heard my breath. "I'm so sorry are you alright?"

"Just stay the hell away from me." It sounded a lot less threatening than I had hoped so I just slammed the door in his face and curled up in my bed.

That night I cried myself to sleep.