Chapter 17

Damon's POV...

Knocking on Carmen's door, I was greeted by silence. I knocked again, slightly louder this time, maybe she just wasn't ready yet? I opened the door slightly and lent in.
"Carmen? Everything okay?" I walked in a looked around, panic began setting in. I had given Cole the night off as I had planned another candle lit dinner in the gardens, she seemed to love that last time. I was going to take her to a secret waterfall I had in there that fell into a lake we could of swam in, swimming made her so happy and when she glowed I could almost feel my heart beating. The lake was right under the stars I had had reflected onto the ceiling. It was an exact replica of the night's sky for when I felt sick of being below ground. Going above made me weak, and I could not be weak.
Apart from right now I felt so weak. Where the hell was she?
I summoned Cole and Tom, I trusted these two more than any of my other soldiers, well at least I used to. When I told them she was missing, though they both looked panic, Cole had too much emotion in his eyes, it was more than just panic.

"You lost her! I should have been here. This never would have happened if you hadn't of sent me away!" In seconds my hand was around his throat and I had lifted him a foot in the air. There had been no thought just actions.
"Remember who you are talking too and more importantly remember that she is not yours." With that I shoved him to the floor, he may look bigger than me but I had the power of kings and I would no longer tolerate his feelings.
I felt my eyes flash and my darker side taking over when he began laughing. He was still sat on the floor, hand on his throat, laughing at me. My hands felt hot as I tried to calm the flames begging to be released.
"She loves me too, she loves us both and so you can't kill me. You kill me and you will lose her forever." He was my right hand man, and he had betrayed me. In a normal situation he would be ash by now. My breathing became laboured as I tried to calm my temper, I wanted to rip him to pieces, and I wanted him to suffer. But he was right. She would never speak to me again.

"Get out of my sight and find her," I growled at them, "If I ever see you touch her again I will destroy you, whether she hates me for it or not." I turned away from them and began searching everywhere I thought she would go.
The summoning pool, dining hall and library were all empty, I even checked my room. I could feel myself getting closer and closer to tears. I ran out to Tom outside the gardens almost praying that he had found her.
"They are empty sir." I knew Tom was protective of her and I could see fear in his eyes.
"Keep searching she has to be here somewhere." After what had happened at the swimming pool I was terrified, I couldn't let her go through that again.
"Sir...I don't want to speak out of place...but he doesn't deserve to die for loving her." He was staring at the floor hard as if it could make him disappear. I was almost shocked speechless, he never spoke out of turn, he hardly spoke at all.
"He directly disobeyed orders." I tried my hardest not to growl at him.
"I know that but doesn't loving her mean he will protect her with his life, is that not what you want?" I knew he had a point, but it does not mean I was okay with the way he felt.
"I will take your opinion into consideration. Now search the gardens again, every corner."
"Yes sir." I ran away, rechecking everywhere.

I could only think of one more place and though I did not want Amber involved but I really needed the help. Knocking on my sister's door again I was met with nothing. Opening the door, I saw that her clothes had been thrown everywhere. I loved her, but she was a slob. I looked around and saw Carmen's dress lying on the bed, the only carefully placed piece of clothing in there. Of course, my sister was involved with this somehow. I closed my eyes and reached out my senses. Someone had jumped in here, I could sense the left-over energy. She was dead meat.
I sat on the edge of the bed, breathing deeply with both relief and anger, I would need my anger under control for when they got back. She was safe with Amber, but I have no clue why she took her up there. I am not sure how much time had passed before I sensed someone jumping back down. Both girls landed in a giggling heap, I couldn't help but smile slightly at Carmen's infectious laughter. I crossed my arms and looked down at them.
"Where the hell have you been?"