The swimming accident

Naruto's POV

Me and Sasuke took Keto swimming for his 6th birthday. Of course we have to teach him how to swim. "Keto, you need to relax." I said. "Easy for you to say. He's 6, he's scared." Sasuke told me. I gave him a look that easily said I know.

"Keto, you already know how to doggy paddle, so let's take it to the next level." I said showing him how to float. "All you need to do is relax, breathe, and be confident."

~A FEW HOURS OF TEACHING LATER~

"See you got it." I said. Keto giggled. "I'm still a little scared." He replied. I smiled. Sasuke suggested that we raced. We agreed and I won, but Sasuke still beat Keto.

A stranger came up to Keto and dunked him. Keto started freaking out and couldn't hold his breath any longer. Sasuke took care of the guy and I saved Keto while holding him close. He was crying and terrified.

~A LITTLE LATER~

The stranger came once again and dunked Keto another time. Keto screamed and lost his balance. He fell under. "Keto!" Sasuke yelled. Sasuke once again took care of the guy but that didn't stop him.

I told Keto to swim over to the others and to meet Sasuke half way. I gave Sasuke another glance and he started heading over to Keto. He grabbed on and swam back. Sasuke noticed what the stranger was planning next.

"Sakura take care of Keto." Sasuke said. Sakura nodded while Sasuke tried to stop the stranger. I was on the ledge of the highest diving board on the edge of the 13 feet side of the pool.

The stranger slightly nudged me and I lost balance. I fell backwards off the diving board straight into the water.

Sasuke's POV

I swam faster noticing that Naruto couldn't swim back up. I grabbed his arm and pulled him up. "Hey you ok?" I asked. He nodded. "I wasn't expecting that." He replied chuckling. "You should probably get out of the pool. I will take care of this guy." I said.

"Wait, but you'll need help." He replied worriedly. "Don't worry about me. Just go dry off and get something hot to drink, your lips are blue and you're shivering. You can deny it all you want, but the evidence is right there." He seemed to get shocked as his eyes widened. "Really?" He asked as he put his hand on his lips. I nodded.

While I took care of the guy, Naruto got out, dried off, covered up, got something to drink, and made sure Keto was ok.

Naruto's POV

"A-are y-y-you ok?" I asked Keto getting the chills. "Yeah, but you're cold and it's my fault." He replied. "Don't worry about it. It is a parent's duty to protect their children. You were my top priority. If anything happened to you, I would never be able to forgive myself." I gave him a small smile.

I got him something to eat and Sasuke took us home. "That's the last time we go swimming for a while." He said. "Yeah I agre-ee." I agreed. "At least tell me you're not afraid of water now." He hoped.

"Nope. F-f-far from i-it, but I am s-st-still c-c-cold." I replied. "Come on let's get to bed. We had a long day." Sasuke said. Keto joined us in our bedroom and snuggled up to me as a cuddled into Sasuke. "Happy birthday Keto." I whispered in his ear. He gave me a smile and that was the last thing I saw as I drifted to sleep.

I got this idea today when I was swimming at the highschool with my mom and sister. I don't know why but I did. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the story! ^_^ Sayonara!