Society Eight 3.

Chapter 3
Society 8.

can i get a ring for you? on the phone on the phone or a message, just something. can we get past all these one word discussions? i need to know, girl i need to know something..

"May I help you?" I asked diving right back into my book, making no type of eye contact. Letting her know that her presence wasn't needed nor wanted.

After a few minutes of silence I looked up to see her staring holes into me, "Helloooo? I asked you a question."

Still no answer.

"Gosh! What are you deaf?!" I asked growing annoyed of her silence let alone presence.

"Actually I am." She nodded. Instant guilt rushed over me.

"You're lying, how are you able to understand me then?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest

"Over the years I've learned to read lips. But I can also do sign language." She said, holding up her hands in different signs, signifying that she was indeed deaf.

"Oh my gosh! I didn't know! I'm so so so so sorry I am sooooo—"

She cut me off, "Calm down ma, I was kidding." She stifled a laugh, at that point I didn't feel any guilt or remorse for her.

"You asshole! You don't kid about anything like that." I yell, reaching across the table hitting her in her chest.

"Ay, ay, ay now. You don't reach across tables and hit people you just met." She smirked. I noticed her oddly unfamiliar accent.

"You don't have a NOLA accent, where you from?" I asked curiosity filling me.

"Compton."

"Straight outta Compton." I joked, laughing softly.

"Straight outta 'Sin City'." She replied back.

"Watch it chick." I huffed at her smart remark about my home town New Orleans.

"What you studying?" She asked completely ignoring my last statement.

"Chemistry."

"I know a thing or two about chemistry." She smirked, licking her lips ever so charmingly.

I was taken back a bit, "Are you hitting on me?" I asked, raising my eyebrow trying my best not to look disgusted.

"Uhh , well you cool and all fam. But ion go for other studs 'cuz." I said trying to hide the slight attitude in my voice.

"Ah, interesting..." She started, "But, that's where you're wrong ma, I am a female, a girl, not a stud. At the end of the day, we both have—"

I cut her off, "Yeah that's true, but at the end of the day," I mocked her, "We both dress and act the same; masculine. My friend, how do you think two masculine females would look together?" I asked with as much venom as I could.

"Perfectly fine to me," She smiled showing off her pearly whites.

I shot her a disgusted look, "Na, na, na, fam. See, I gotta bounce 'Cuz." I spoke, shaking my head frantically while packing up my books as quick as possible.

She smirked, "Our generation is mind blowing. Catch you later pretty boy."

I cringed at the nickname and sped walked out of library, unknown of who or what was around me glancing back at the library door from time to time; knocking into yet another stud. How many fucking studs is on this fucking campus and why weren't I aware of them!!! Great just what I needed, another stud to run into. Sarcasm.

"Watch were you going chick." I spat pulling myself up, brushing off my clothes.

"Sorry." She spoke softly.

"What's the matter with you why you so quiet?"

She scrunched up her face, "Huh? I don't understand."

"What? I'm confused."

"I don't understand." She shook her head again

I grew frustrated of her playing her little games with me so I yelled, "Gosh what are you deaf?!" Which was a quote I used ever so much today.

She nodded, "Yes."

I rolled my eyes,"Oh yeah cause every stud I bump into is deaf. Don't play games with me chick, I'm not in the mood." I grabbed her ear and started screaming into it as loud as I could.

"CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?! CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!" But, it didn't phase her whatsoever.

She shook her head, looking down picking up her books walking away slowly. Oh gosh she was serious? I am so fucked up!

"Wait!" I yelled out to her, shaking my head remembering she couldn't hear me. I ran after her grabbing her shoulder, spinning her around.

"Wait wait wait! I'm so sorry! I didn't know it's just this girl she pranked me today—" She held her hand up signifying me to hush so that's what I did.

"It's fine, I don't care anyway I'm used to it by now." I felt guilty.

"Can I take you to the best spot in town to get some grub, my treat. To make up for this."

"I can't understand you."

I sighed, pulling out a piece of paper grabbing it from my backpack along with a pen. I wrote it down and handed it to her.

She nodded, "Yeah, that'll be nice." She smiled.

Okay this shouldn't be bad, this is JUST a friendly outing. All I have to do is get her to understand me and make up for my foolishness and then I never have to see her again right?

 All I have to do is get her to understand me and make up for my foolishness and then I never have to see her again right?

to be continued...

this chapter is dedicated to pimpyeezy ❤️