Meeting the Family

About fourty-five minutes later we were pulling up to the all too familiar house that I grew up in.

As we were parking in their driveway I couldn't help but stare, I just missed it all so much. Once I was done having my moment I got out of the car and went around to the other side to take out Britney.

"DJ could you take her in? I gotta get something out of my suitcase." I said.

"Oh yeah, sure. C'mon Brit!" DJ shouted at her. She was over by the side of the driveway playing with the 'pwetty wocks' as she called them.

I didn't wait for them to walk in the house. I just went around and opened the trunk of my van.

After a few seconds I heard my dad shout, "welcome DJ! Haven't seen your face around here in a while, eh?" in his crazy Italian accent. I smiled to myself.

Since I had been rummaging through my luggage for a while, I was getting aggravated that I couldn't find a certain thing, so I looked harder.

"Got it!" I exclaimed to myself, pulling out my long-lost Jackson 5 tape that I hadn't listened to in ages.

As I was dusting it off I felt a pair of strong arms snake around my waist from behind. They pulled me tight so I couldn't get free.

I dropped the tape from my hands and put them onto of the person's arms, almost about to pull them off of me until I looked down and saw two sparkly cuffs.

"Ugh! I thought you were some creeper, don't sneak up on me like that! Wait a minute, how did I not hear you?" I said quickly.

"I don't get a hello?" he said jokingly.

"Hi, now please answer." I said curiously.

"My driver dropped me off at the end of your street so the paparazzi wouldn't get a lead to your house." he said.

"Ahh I see." I said, tyring to slyly put away the tape.

"What's that?" Michael asked, pointing to the 8-track.

"Nothing." I said trying to put it away faster. Michael grabbed my wrist and took it out of my hand, when he looked at it and looked back at me his expression was amused. I turned around completely although he still wouldn't let me go. "Jackson 5, really?" he asked me smiling. I looked down, I could feel my face turning red.

He pulled my chin up and kissed my cheek, "you look so cute when you blush." he said. I giggled a little.

"Sooo......... you wanna meet my family?" I asked him.

"Of course." he replied automatically.

I took his hand and pulled him towards the door, when I looked abck at him he had a slightly worried look on his face. "Oh don't be scared, they'll love you." I said leading him through the doorway.

Hopefully I thought to myself.

"Nina?" my dad called out from the kitchen.

"Yes Papi!" I called back. Nina is just the nickname he gave me when I was little, it was what he wanted to name me, but my mom wouldn't let him.I squeezed Michael's hand tighter and pulled him along into the kitchen to where my parents were.

When they heard us coming in they looked up from their chopping and what-not.

"Chi e questo giovanotto?"

(Who is this young man? [Btw, it's in Italian if you were wondering])

"II mio ragazzo." I replied.