Chapter Twelfth- The Brook

Start from the beginning

She knew that The First Friday tradition meant a lot to me. It's probably nothing else than watching cliché girly movie with popcorn and pizza, and later gossiping about hot guys. But, it's the only night for girls hangout, which didn't include Justin and Martin.

"Guess, we'll have to make an exception then..." I said, with small smile though I was sad that she won't be able to make it.

Instead of using words to express her gratitude, she embraced me in her arms—with a firm grip that I started to cough.

She pulled away laughing. "Sorry bitch."

I chuckled, nodding.

"Hello beautiful ladies." A familiar voice made me jump. We turned around to smile at Justin.

He looked much better and was on his feet but, coach refused to let him play tonight.

"So, how did the convincing go?" I asked once he plopped down beside me.

He ran a hand through his blond and smiled, "Not good! Mr. Black too refused. Guess, I am watching my own game today..." The disappointment and sadness was crystal clear in his husky voice.

I draped arm over him, "Hey... don't be disheartened. It's fun to be an audience too. And it will also give you the chance to examine the loops in your teammates, if they have any." I tried to get him to see the positive side of his situation.

"Ya sure... that sounds fun." His tone just couldn't be more than boring it already was.

"Where's martin?" Kim poked and pushed back her lock of dark hair.

"Maybe he's in the practice...."

I just stopped listening to any conversation on my table when a strong familiar scent caught my attention and I turned my head around.

There he was. Nobody was serving the group of damsels their coffee. He moved closer to my table and started to refill another girl's empty cup when his eyes caught me staring at him.

Geez!

'He's watching you!!! Look away...'

But, it was as if my eyes were glued to his. I knew he was staring back but, it didn't make me dither my eyes away from his brownies. And no matter how stupidly my heart raced, I still couldn't break the eye contact and neither did he, until,

"Hey... watch out!" A girly voice shrieked and made us look away from each other.

He over filled her coffee and it spilled all on her. His expressions hardened and I felt sorry for him.

"Wooh... looks like someone's gonna lose his job." Justin commented loud enough to earn bunch of laugh from all around us.

But, Nobody didn't flinch. Composing himself, he turned around and strode back to his job--behind the counter.

Before Justin could comment again, "Don't. Leave... we don' want to lit any fire." I held Justin's hand and to my surprise he agreed with a nod—not extending the topic.

***

I took a sip from my plastic red glass and tucked my hands deeper in my coat. The night was breathtaking but, the wind was biting on my skin.

Thankfully, I wore my long black coat, which ended few inches below my hip. I tucked back the loose strand of my golden hair. The wind was crazy. I was trying hard to settle my hair down, again and again but, guess it was of no use. So, i let my hair freely sway wherever they liked to.

The lightning illuminated the trees and gave the lake a mesmerising look. The music was deafening, the crowd was drunk and young and wild.

Kim and Martin were dancing and cheering for the team. The team undoubtedly won. Actually we knew that we would won, so, we already had planned the after party.