She keeps me warm (24)

After a long, lazy morning in bed cuddling with each other, Glaiza finally persuaded Rhian to get up. It seemed her woman loved to sleep late, which didn't bother the short hair at all. Having bribed Rhian with breakfast first, the two spent the day together never more than inches from each other.

As Rhian held Glaiza while sitting on the far side of the porch, the red hair mused over how everyone around them could see the inevitable while they continued on with their facade of being 'just friends'.

Seeing the smiling face of her love, Glaiza asked. "What's on your mind?"

Rhian brushed her lips against the short hair's cheek. "Us...how naive we were about what was really going on between us."

Glaiza dropped her head on her love's shoulder. "I'm sorta glad though."

The red hair pulled her head back a bit. "Really?"

Not looking up, Glaiza continued. "Yes. It gave us time to be friends first."

Nodding, Rhian understood that completely, remembering several lines from her essay. "First and foremost, we'll be friends. Because in bad times, our friendship will help keep us together and our love for each other will see us through it."

"Exactly." Glaiza snuggled closer.

A long, silent moment passed before Rhian finally spoke again. "It's getting late. I suppose I should go." The red hair brushed her lips against Glaiza's temple then whispered. "But I don't want to."

The short hair perked up when she heard those words. Twisting around her love's arms, Glaiza hurriedly said. "Then don't! Stay..." The short hair cast her eyes downward, finishing her sentence. "...stay forever."

Surprised and yet relieved at Glaiza's invitation, the younger woman hesitated. "Really?" The short hair shyly nodded. "But all my stuff is at my apartment."

Glaiza drew in a deep breath and spoke from her heart. "What if all of your stuff was at my place?" She caught herself then quickly corrected her words. "Our place?"

"Does this mean what I think it does?"

Nodding rapidly, Glaiza stammered her response. "I know it's...well, sorta quick but...Rhi?"

"Yes?" Rhian's penetrating gray eyes soared through the short hair's heart.

Gazing into her love's beautiful eyes, her words fell out unimpeded. "God, I love you."

"I love you, too, love." Rhian stole a tender kiss.

"And to tell you the truth..." Suddenly, Glaiza was extremely shy at having to admit her weakness. "... I don't think I'd get a wink of sleep without you near me."

That produced a huge grin on Rhian's face. "Me neither."

Excited, Glaiza sat up. "So?"

"Is next weekend too soon?" The red hair was confused at the slight disappointment on Glaiza's face.

"That long, huh?"

Pulling her love closer, Rhian laughed. "Don't worry. I don't plan on sleeping alone ever again."

Relieved, Glaiza dropped her head on the younger woman's shoulder and sighed in pure delight.

True to her word, Rhian spent the night with Glaiza after they retrieved a few articles of clothing and personal stuff from her apartment.

*****

Monday night at Rhian's practice race, Glaiza nervously ran her hands together.