She keeps me warm (6)

The game was intense. It took ten seconds before halftime ended that Wild Cats could score a goal tied with the opponent. Glaiza fixed her shin guards as the second half is about to start. She followed Jason at the kick-off, for some reason she couldn't get her head in the game.

"Hey!" Chynna bumped her friend. "Unless you're our new forward, you better get out there."

Glaiza looked around the bleachers, for what seemed like the hundredth time since well before the start of the game. Again, she didn't find what she was looking for.

Chynna put both her hands on her friend's shoulders, guiding her out of the kick-off, then pushing Glaiza backward. "She'll be here."

Glaiza turned around. "What?"

Chynna stepped closer and whispered. "Stick to our gameplay. When Rhian shows up, you can tell her all about it."

The short hair was about to deny that her mind was on the pretty red hair when the referee whistled for the kick-off. She chanced one more look into the bleachers and frowned.

To her frustration, she managed to keep the ball away from their opponents as she twisted and passed it to Rafael as he tried to make a goal but bounced to corner. She positioned herself next to opponent's defender as Jason volunteered to take the corner kick.

Just before the third forward kicked to goal, Glaiza heard a distinctive voice call to her.

"Come on, Glai. Make a goal!"

Glaiza's composure settled immediately and a determined look framed the knowing smile that formed on her face. As the ball came whirling down, the short hair's eyes were glued to it. With a smooth step forward, Glaiza kicked the ball solid and it raced past the keeper scoring to two.

With her hands cocked on her hips, the short hair sucked in a deep breath, looking to the stands where the crowd was cheering her efforts. But her brown eyes squinted in on the smiling red hair jumping wildly and clapping her hands. Glaiza's smile brightened and that's when she unconsciously delivered a small wave to her friend.

"Way to go Glai!" Rhian yelled and returned the wave along with a grin.

On her way back to her midfield position, Chynna tracked where Glaiza was looking and saw the red hair. Smiling, she mumbled. "That's one way to get motivated."

It was a tight game, but in the end, the Wild Cats came out on top with a score of two to one. After a short spontaneous victory hug by all of the team members, several players began to disburse but as usual, the coach invited everyone to RK's for a drink in celebration of their win.

Glaiza quickly made her way over to where Rhian was sitting in the stands. She looked up. "Hi."

Rhian scooted closer to the edge. "Great game."

"Thanks. You coming to RK's?" The short hair was hopeful her friend would agree.

"Are you working tonight?" The red hair asked.

"Uh huh." Glaiza confirmed. "I usually do on Thursdays after the game and Fridays."

Even though Rhian wanted to go, she declined. "I... I don't think so." She knew the part-time bartender would be busy, and Rhian didn't want to sit alone.

"Oh, okay." The short hair was disappointed, but tried to hide it. "You coming down or staying up there?"

"Down." Rhian stood up, looking for a clear path down the bleachers.

"Wanna help loading the balls to Kean's trunk?" Rhian nodded and followed the short hair.

After tossing the extra balls in the bag, Glaiza stood up and hiked it over her shoulder, but dropped one ball. She leaned back down and picked it up. When she did, she felt her muscle pull tight in her lower back. "There it goes again."