She keeps me warm (23)

With an uninspired and dismal facade, Glaiza went through the motions as she fielded the hard kicked ball. After the out at first, she slowly took up her position again.

Chynna was worried.

Glaiza offered the pixie hair a tight smile that didn't reach her eyes. It was now the bottom of the final half and Rhian was nowhere to be seen. The short hair didn't even know what the score was between the two teams.

Chynna ran over to Glaiza and guided her back to the benches. "You okay, dude?"

Glaiza shrugged.

"Exactly what I thought." It wasn't that Glaiza was playing bad. It was her lack of enthusiasm and her 'I don't care' attitude. Neither team had scored and Chynna knew it would come down to one of the teams making an outstanding play that would assure a victory. "Come on, you gotta get your head in the game." Chynna watched Jason take his place in the kick off.

"What if she doesn't come?" Glaiza asked with a sad face.

"She will." Chynna searched the bleachers.

Shaking her head, Glaiza said weakly. "Maybe she doesn't ever want to see me now. What if she..."

"Would you stop it? Maybe she got hung up. In traffic or something." Chynna was reaching for any excuse to get her friend back into the game at hand. It wasn't that Chynna cared more about winning, she didn't want her friend to be in such pain. Placing a hand on Glaiza's arm, Chynna made the short hair face her. "Trust me. She likes you...a lot. And I think she's in love with you."

"You do?" Glaiza's eyes filled with hope.

"Yeah, I do." Chynna sighed. "Listen, you've got to be patient and have faith. Think of her, right now just think of her and send her your love."

Willing to do anything at the moment, Glaiza closed her eyes and sent all of her love to Rhian. She saw the smile on the red hair's face and shy looks. The visions of Rhian made Glaiza want to reach out and touch her rosy lips and kiss them. A smile formed on the short hair's face.

Glaiza was jolted from the little excursion when cheers rose high in the bleachers. Jason had made a goal, putting their team ahead by one. The opposing team's forwards are now at its best form and it was time for Glaiza's team to think ahead. If the Wild Cats could just maintain their lead, they will have won the championship.

Feeling somewhat better, Glaiza ran out to take up her position back. The opponent's first defense cleared the ball as Glaiza tried to hit a goal.

Without wasting time, Gabby threw it in to Chynna, dribbled the ball down and was within score distance when an opposing player crashed into Chynna, knocking her down.

Glaiza hurried over and checked on her friend. "You okay? Close one you got there." Glaiza helped Chynna up and the short hair dusted herself off.

"Thanks." Chynna called a quick gathering at the side. "Okay, guys. I'll try to hit over the corner. Jason, let Gabby take it. Just don't put it in there too hard or it will be over the net."

"Taking a big fuckin' chance with that." Jason protested.

Shaking her head, Glaiza disagreed. "I'm with Chynna on this. Gabby, give them the same kick you did in the first half. The keeper's a sucker for a low ball."

Even though her head wasn't in the game as usual, Glaiza had studied each opposing team member and knew their weaknesses. The short hair made her effort to focus on the next few plays. When she turned and readied herself, a flash of someone familiar came into her peripheral view. Glaiza's smile reached from ear to ear when she saw Rhian standing in the bleachers with a huge smile on her face and the red hair waved at her. Glaiza was near giddy at the sight of Rhian. She waved back and bumped into Chynna.