✧ P r o l o g u e ✧

Marinette sat on top of a rooftop with a cold autumn breeze brushing up against her bare ankles. Goosebumps began to form on her legs, but there was little that she could do for she was tied up to quite an uncomfortable chair. There was also something placed over her head that was preventing her from viewing her surroundings. She struggled to break free from the bindings around her wrists and ankles, but her efforts proved useless. Confused about what was occurring, Marinette attempted to think back on previous events. She recalled sitting in her bedroom when she suddenly received a text from Chloé Bourgeois. She had asked Marinette to meet her at her hotel, explaining that she wanted to talk to her in private. The innocent, foolish Marinette thought that perhaps Chloé was wanting to apologize for all the horrid things that she had said to her in the past.

Sabrina had met Marinette down at the main entrance of Le Grand Paris. She smiled as she grabbed her arm to direct her through the various hotel floors. Once they reached Chloé's room, Sabrina gently shoved Marinette towards the hotel room's door. Marinette was considering questioning Sabrina on why it was so very crucial that she went in first. However, she simply just shrugged it off and opened the door. Before she had time to take in the dark room in front of her, some sort of darkened bag was thrown over her head. She was dragged off, completely unable to see the direction in which she was heading. Marinette would have screamed for help, but she was in too much disbelief to think and have her voice work properly. Before she was able to come up with an escape plan, Marinette was thrown down onto what seemed like a wooden dining chair. One person tied her wrists together behind her as another tied each ankle to the legs of the chair. Then, the two people left her alone for some time. It wasn't long, though, before they returned.

In the distance, Marinette was able to hear two different distinct feminine giggles and heavy breathing as they both struggled to push heavy-sounding objects closer to her. Marinette began to panic, unlike the stunned shock that she was going through previously. If this was someone's idea of a prank, it wasn't very amusing. Even though she did not psychically see her, Marinette couldn't help but suspect that Chloé was somehow involved. She should have known better than to trust her. Chloé never felt any remorse in the past, so why would she ever be any different?

Marinette wriggled her body around in an attempt to jerk the bag off of her until one of the two girls yanked the bag off of her head from behind, interrupting her thoughts and actions. Finally able to see, Marinette quickly began to look around to study all of her surroundings. The very first thing that she noticed was several spotlights facing her direction. Before she was able to react, every single one of them was switched on. The lights were much brighter than the typical spotlight and most likely costed a fortune to purchase. Of course, Chloé was never concerned about money, especially if it meant ruining someone else's life.

Once Marinette finally thought to shield her eyes, it was much too late...