112 ) hold me close

Poppy finally laid down, hoping to get some sleep now knowing that Chris was okay. She still worried, though, because she knew he needed his medicine soon or else he'd start having panic attacks in regards to the slightest of things, if not for no reason at all.

The apartment was silent, and she hated the silence. She wished she was with Chris, even if he was in some hotel. She just wanted him to hold her close so they could both fall asleep peacefully together. Despite tossing and turning, she eventually did doze off.

However, it couldn't have been past 5:30 in the morning, because from what she could tell, it was still dark outside the window when she was woken up by the sound of her bedroom door opening. She made a move to sit up in the bed, but was stopped by Chris pulling her tightly in his arms.

"What're you doing here now?" Poppy questioned him as he laid back with her; he was wearing sweatpants, not bothering to change, and she could smell cologne on his shirt left-over from earlier that day.

Chris pressed a sweet, long kiss to her lips before answering her, though. He brought one hand up to her cheek and brushed away her hair gently before pulling away.

"I couldn't stay there. I needed to see you, sweetheart." Chris breathed out, running his hand through her soft hair while the other hand was splayed out against her stomach, holding her close to him.

"But what about your head?" Poppy asked seriously, her voice tired.

Chris shook his head, rubbing the pad of his thumb over her cheek, "I'm fine, really. I just want you to go to bed, Pop-tart. I'm here now."

Poppy let out a deep sigh, her back pressed flush against his chest, his large hand still pressed against her stomach, "I thought maybe you were texting me back and wrecked. . ." She admitted.

"No, no. This wasn't your fault. I swear." He replied, shutting his eyes and moving his other arm to wrap around her.

"Okay." She answered, slipping back into sleep again. "I love you."

Chris, his eyes still closed, left a single kiss on the back of her head. He'd never really planned on staying at the hotel; he just needed to be home with his girl—the one thing he needed more than he needed his anxiety meds.

She was his cure and just being around her improved his well-being, "I love you, too, babygirl."