"Oh, I was just about to call you and inform you on that… say, did you run all the way from the dojo just to ask me this? There’s still this little thing called cellphone, honey. Use it." She sneered.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "No. I didn’t." Chyeah, right, Naddy.  Think fast. Uhh… "I was.. uh, I have a meeting with the headmaster in an hour. I was, um, wondering if you could help with making me look presentable?"

Sonia’s eyes widened by a fraction. "Oh? Since when did that happen?"

"Which part?"

She shook her head slowly before shrugging, "All of it."

"Just help me, will you? I have another assignment." I pleaded, giving her my best puppy-eyed look.

That did it. She gave in with a sigh, grabbing my by the sleeve of my hoodie and dragging me to my dorm room.

Once we reached, and after I finished showering, Sonia picked out an outfit for me and then worked on my hair and face. Forty minutes later, I was in denim jeans, a black turtleneck sweater, a white trench coat that ends mid-thigh and a pair of brown boots with heels not too high for discomfort. My reddish-brown hair was up in a neat ponytail with my fringe hanging loosely above my eyebrows, giving olive eyes the contrast it need.

"That’ll do it for now." Sonia took a step back to take a better look at me. "I’m such a pro. I should be a make-up artist."

I smirked, standing up, "But you’re here with me, the top teen spy in the world."

"Hah, whatever, Naddy." She commented, rolling her eyes.

I groaned. "Oh, come on! You’re just like Adam. Stop calling me that darn nickname! I swear you two will end up together sooner or later."

A shade of pink rose up to Sonia’s cheeks and I widened my eyes. "No way!"

"What? What are you thinking about? Me? With him? You’re out of your mind, Naddy. Completely." She babbled, her face getting erubescent.

I laughed at her embarrassment, "Kidding, Sonia. Take a chill pill. Ok, so I have to be on my way now.. Is there anything else I need to bring?"

The blush from Sonia’s cheeks faded away as she rummaged through her bag, before taking out a stack of papers. "Here, take these with you. It’s got what you need to know about the assignment."

I flipped through the pages, but only a word stay etched to my brain. Bodyguard.

"Oh, and before I forget. Go up to the meeting room, and not the headmaster’s office. Apparently, there’s more than one person who wants to meet the top teen spy today." She smirked, tucking away a blonde curl behind her ear.

I took a deep breath, "See you soon then." I smiled before making my way to the meeting room.

I read the first few pages and found out that my assignment wasn’t to find out some secret from illegal plants or catching a criminal. No, it was a pretty typical –and rather boring- assignment. It was to be our founder’s son’s bodyguard. Huh, just that? Easy enough.

I knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open it. Instead, someone from the side invited me in.

"Come in."

I opened the door, took a deep breath and stepped in, my heel clicking onto the marble floor.

"Good morning." I greeted as I stood by the long meeting table, with not only the head master, but another man as well, sitting at it.

"Good morning, Natalie. Take a seat." Sir Maines gestured to a seat nearest to him.

I nodded curtly, moving as gracefully as I can manage and sat down on the comfortable chairs. I noticed that there was at least one man at the two exit doors. They were all big and scary-looking, definitely bodyguards. Does this mean I’ll be as big and masculine as them when I became bodyguard of the heir? Oh-Em-Gee, gross thought. Urgh. I clutched onto the stack of papers more tightly.

"Natalie," Sir Maines started, "This is the founder of our academy, Mr. Ashton Drew." He turned around and smile to the man who was opposite of me. I choked out a smile as well, suddenly nervous.

"Hello." I said pathetically.

Mr. Drew smiled, "Hello, Natalie. I have heard a lot about you, and I must say I am impressed." He spoke while nodding approvingly.

"Thank you. I do put a-" I was cut off by the headmaster.

"I don’t see why her though. She may be the best candidate we have trained so far, but, alas, she is still just a mere girl."

I narrowed my eyes at his comment.

"But, Sir," I began to protest, "Being a girl does not mean anything if it’s for the academy."

"True, that’s very true indeed, Natalie, but this assignment…" Sir Maines left the sentence shrugging, doubt filled within his face.

"This assignment what, Sir?" I asked slowly, irritation taking over at a quick pace.

"This assignment requires you to-"

"Protect my son." Mr. Drew enjoined our conversation. "Natalie, do I have your word that you will protect my son with your life?"

I hesitated, I didn’t even know the guy, or why he needed to be protected so much. I guess it’s a risk I need to take.

I nodded slowly. "Yes, sir." I murmured.

Mr. Drew just raised his eyebrows, ‘Do you not question of the catches?’

"I do. But…" I hung my head. This is not good. Bad impression. Very bad.

"Getting a little tight, are we not?" Mr. Drew laughed. "Do not worry, I will have your secretary to fill you in. For now, I am delighted to welcome you as the bodyguard of my son, the heir of the academy, Rian Drew."

I laughed nervously, "Well, that’s just too formal, sir."

Mr. Drew looked little taken aback, and I saw the headmaster shaking his head, clearly asking me to stop whatever I’m doing but ignored it.

"I meant, there’s no need for such welcome. I’m just another spy getting an assignment." I smiled politely.

"No, no. You’re not just another spy." Mr. Drew shook his head, "You’re the spy whose assignment is to protect my son from the mad killer on the loose, all the while going to his all-boys’ boarding school in Massachusetts." He beamed at me.

My jaw hit the floor. WHAT!?

"Excuse me?" I asked, my eyes definitely like saucers.

The headmaster chuckled from behind his area of the meeting table. He shrugged, his face showing clear statement of ‘I told you so.’

"You heard me," Mr. Drew broke my train of thoughts. "You’re going on this assignment as a, what do teenagers say it these days..."

"Girl?" Sir Maines joked, his eyes sparkling in amusement as he watched me gaping at the founder.

"No, not that.. Obviously.." Mr. Drew’s face was crunched up in focus, "Ah, got it.."

Here it comes... "As a dude."

Oh, hell no.

 _______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I’m so sorry for not uploading and everything, but here’s a sneak peek to my newest story. I promise, this one I will complete. Definitely. I’m so pumped, and guess what? I’ve got the whole plot written down, like completely. Including the middle part. So I am pretty confident that I am able to pull this off. Also, please fan, comment, and vote. I would love to have at least ten. Pretty pretty please.

VOTEEEE. It’s just a button, press it for all time’s sake. =D

Join my Facebook page!! It’s in the external link! GO GO GO!