Ch.8 The past always repeats itself

//Author's note: Almost done editing! just a reminder to listen to the songs above because they really relate to the book.

thanks for reading,

Maddie//

2:00~we have been waiting for three hours in the mission bay police station for the boys to be released.we must of been quite the sight. all seven of us.

Mr. Rutherford was very red in the face and hadn't said anything since we left the house. Mrs. R was looking in her little compact applying and re-applying her lipgloss and teasing her hair. Both of my parents kept mostly to them selves except for one time when my dad stepped outside to take a work phone call. Lastly,the devil twins were bothering the receptionist by asking her very obnoxious questions.

In the corner a scraggly bearded man sat down. I guessed that he was Adams uncle.

Finally an officer called back the Rutherfords and the whole room breathed a sigh of relief . they had to sign many papers (especially because Nik was here on visa). He was assigned to 50 hours of community service.

Adam's uncle was sent back next and was told the same thing.

While the adults were signing paperwork and doing various other things Adam was sent out into the waiting . he sat down next to me.I was boxed in.

Adam had two black eyes which highlighted his deep green eyes. (I know I shouldn't of been thinking about his eyes now.) . his nose was bandaged up as well and blood was caked to his face.

He turned to me with sad eyes when he saw me staring at him and said "Darcy , I know I messed up and I know you hate me but please give me one more chance. I'll make it up to you I promise."

I sighed.

"What do you say to a do over date?" he begged. "please... We can even see a chick flick of your choice."

"Fine." I sighed.

"Great!" he said and then fist pumped.

I laughed.

He was called back in the back for more questioning and Nik was sent out into the waiting room. the tension in the room was high as the two boys passed each other . if looks could kill.

Nik came and sat next to me. we sat in silence for a while.

Until he said "Darcy, you mad it me?"

"No, Nik your fighting just scared me" I replied

He grabbed my hand and began to stroke it.

"You care about me." he said

"No, Nik we are just friends." I said "understand?"

I regretted it as soon as I said it.

His face fell and he let go of my hand. I didn't want him to. things became awkward so I looked away.

Just then the adults came out of the office and came over to us.

"Let's go Nik" mr. Rutherford said.

Nik's head sank between his shoulders.

The only word to describe the car ride home was silent. No one spoke. Nik didn't so much as look at me. Great I did to him as Mario did to me . I was just as bad...