His Tears

Our journey back home had been ridiculously risky. First, on the train, it had started funny. The train was packed with almost no breathing space but I liked it because I had Mark pressed against the door. He looked awfully uncomfortable but I didn't mind, I enjoyed the moment I had with his chest against mine. Well, that was the good part before I felt someone touch me. It was just occasional grazes at first so I ignored it. But then this man, grabbed my butt with his filthy hands and started to grind against me.

I had paled instantly, the joy I got from Mark's chest almost felt disgusting. The man's hands moved around my butt, groping it until it slid to the sides of my waist. Since I couldn't move, I could only pray we got to our stop before the man decided to dry hump me.

      That was a first for me. I had always known when to get on the train to avoid such harassments and my mum and dad always preached it to me before they left the house. However, Pizza Thursdays were the only days when I missed the right time to get on the train. But it never really mattered since Tom always took us home.

     Fortunately, the doors slid open at our usual stop and I rushed out with Mark, thinking I had lost the pervert, but when I looked back by the time we got to the street, he was right on my tail.

I had never walked so fast in my life back then. I felt like the universe was against me as I pulled Mark quickly behind me passed the stores that still weren't close, ignoring his yapping. My house was still a couple 100 yards down and I still felt the stalker on me. The hairs on my skin had risen at the thought of the stalker knowing where I lived. If he knew that, he wouldn't have to attack me today, he could attack me tomorrow or when I had already forgotten about it. Or my mum.

Just the thought of that had had my blood on fire and I pulled Mark away from the crossing line. There was no way he was going to know where my family and I lived. Over my dead body.

"Ian, damn it! Listen to me. Why are we running?" Mark had said.

I had slowed down my pace so I could talk to him, but my grip on his wrist, never left. "I was groped on the train and I think he's following us."

"Which one?"

"What? They are more than one?"

"No, I meant there are men coming in this direction. What is he wearing."

"I think a brown coat or something. I didn't get his face."

"Damn he's ugly."

"Oh my god. I was groped by a homeless man. I need to take a shower. Very very long ass shower."

Mark had laughed and I really didn't find it funny. He asked for me to let go of his hand but I had been too scared to. It had been my first pervert encounter; no one should walk alone after that kind of shit.

"Trust me. When we get to that alley, let go of my hand and wave me away. Let him think it's only you now."

I almost slapped him. And I wanted to just out of fear, but I didn't and let him have his way. Letting go of him, I took in a deep breath before walking straight. In no time at all, I had heard the man grunt and a thud followed after. I turned just as Mark dragged his body into the narrow alleyway.

When I noticed no one had noticed such an act, I ran after Mark almost screaming at him for doing such a thing in public.

"Relax, it's not like he's dead."

"Where did you hit him?"

"Head. Probably going to have concussion... That doesn't kill right?"

I had to run a hand over my face, my entire body jittered with fear, while Mark just stared at the body by his feet.