Chapter Two

I found myself walking in an overgrown rose garden. I realized that I didn't have any control over myself when I started walking towards the woods. Branches got caught in my clothes and thorns pierced my skin, but I didn't seem to care. I stopped in front of a hollow tree stump and stared at it.

It suddenly emitted a bright light and I heard a splash of water. Rain started to pour from the sky as the plants surrounding me flourished. The wind started to blow, causing all the seeds to head elsewhere.

Then it stopped. The rain died, the plants stopped growing, and the wind came to a stand still. What was that?

I realized that I now had control over my body. I started to pull all of the thorns out of my clothes, and let me tell you, it's hard to get every single one of them out of my clothes.

Once I got all of the thorns out, I stood up. I looked up towards the sky and saw four figures flying above my head. Hmm... What flies and is really big?

While I was pondering about the flying creatures, they grew closer.

I heard a thud next to me and I snapped out of my thinking. With startled eyes, I looked for the source of the loud sound. Once I turned around I saw a huge lizard.

Then I saw the wings.

That's not a lizard. That's a dragon!

I would've screamed, but I couldn't. I'm serious. I literally could not scream. The dragon looked at me with gentle eyes and I had hand the sudden urge to touch it. I slowly reached out towards it and as I did, the tree stump erupted in flames. I quickly withdrew my hand and stumbled away from the dragon. It has this twinkle in its eyes, as if he set the stump on fire himself.

Wait, how do I know that it's a guy?

Everything soon became fuzzy and I collapsed on the side of a tree.
⚫️⚫️⚫️
My eyes opened and I felt like I was floating. I looked around and realized that I was watching my life play out. I enjoyed watching, until I realized what was going on.

My mom was pulling a sword out of her sheath. She stood before a dragon that was protecting its baby. My dad and brother were next to me and we're smiling as my mom advanced on the the dragon.

The younger me started to cry. "Mommy stop! You're going to hurt him!" I had cried out. My dad hit the back of my head and scolded me.

"Stop it Haven! You'll be doing this one day so you need to get over it and grow up!" He yelled at me. I tried to run forward and stop my mom, but my brother grabbed the back of my shirt and held me back.

I suddenly felt an excruciating pain in my heart and I looked up to see that my mom had killed the dragon. I burst into tears as my father carried me away.
⚫️⚫️⚫️
The image changed and I found myself on a battle field. I was soaring high above the ground on top of something scaly.

A dragon.

Fire spewed from his mouth and I smiled. I held out my hand and a ball of fire emitted from my hand. I threw the fire and the ground exploded. Three other people and dragons came up beside me.

"Nice job Slay." Derrek said. His hands were behind his head as he glided beside me on top of his light blue dragon.

"Thanks," I replied, "But did you see April's vines? That was crazy!"

We swooped down and April evened out the ground. She pushed the dirt back into its place. We hugged 'our' dragons and walked inside of a little hut.
⚫️⚫️⚫️
I bolted up and my eyes widened. I can't believe it.

I'm the next legendary dragon rider.

Wow! What a crazy ending!
If you guys didn't know, I'm entering this book in the TheWattys ! Please help me get this book to its very best. Tell everyone you know about this book so we can get it to the top of the charts.

There's going to be a contest! Whoever I find is the most supportive of this book (comments, helpful advice, constructive criticism, votes, and reads) is going to get a prize! They will get a chapter in this book (of their choice) dedicated to them and I will feature them in my Info About Me area!

Thanks a lot my lovelies! Stay tuned for the next chapter!