XX. Motherhood.

Magsimula sa umpisa

Unfortunately for her though, there were quite a few people in the waiting area but she didn't expect any different because London is a very big city. She didn't want to make a trip to a more secluded place so she could be seen to quicker because in total it would take roughly the same amount of time no matter what so she may as well just wait. Eventually she just caved in and grabbed one of the magazines and flicked through the pages to see if there was anything interesting but she closed it just as quickly as she saw numerous pages of super-skinny models.

She collected her breath and looked around only to realise she must have spaced out because there wasn't as much people now. Then again there were a lot of people who work here and by luck they could have all taken a lot of people at roughly the same time. She wasn't sure what but she certainly wasn't complaining. To pass the time she grabbed a small section of her hair and attempted a few different intricate braids- not all successful but it passed the time for her. It wasn't long until she heard her name be called and she followed a nurse to where her appointment was. It had been a very long time she was at a hospital for herself and not to visit someone so Felicity did feel a little bit out of place but she had to do this to see if her gut feeling was correct on this.

Her doctor gave her a warm smile and closed the door behind her so nobody else could hear what was going on. Like normal he asked her what was wrong but she just shrugged her shoulders because she didn't know what was for wrong- well, not for certain anyway. So instead she just explained the little changes she had noticed in her body. She was asked if it was migraines she was having but she knew they weren't. He wasn't doing much to help her right now but she knew he was only trying to get as much information as he could at the moment before jumping to any conclusions.

After roughly twenty minutes of question after question she was finally sent to do a urine sample. It did gross her out a little but she knew that whatever was suspected had to be a definite confirmation. Occasionally tests can be wrong so the more that gets done the more certain she will be. Deep down she already knows what is going on but she still wants to know what it is and wanted to hear it from someone else's mouth. For some reason for Felicity, hearing it heard from someone else made it seem more real for her instead of just getting confirmation from simply reading something.

She made sure to thoroughly wash her hands before handing the sample to the doctor who told her he would be back very soon. She was left on her own again and she went back to learning new braids in a small chunk of her blonde hair which for some reason had dried curly for once. It was normally quite wavy but she knew the difference between a wave and a curl- and this time it was definitely the latter option. The doctor soon entered the room once again and asked the petite woman to follow him and now it really began to sink in. He wouldn't have asked her to follow her somewhere if there wasn't something going in.

She just hopes it isn't something worse than what she suspects it is.

There was another doctor in the room she was taken to which told her that they wanted a second opinion. Her eyes darted around the room before landing on something which in her mind confirmed her suspicions. Felicity knew an ultrasound machine when she saw one. With that she was instructed to lie on the make-shift bed which was not comfortable in the slightest but she bit her tongue and just accepted it. She was instructed to roll up her baby blue top and to unbutton her jeans to expose her entire stomach to the two doctors in the room. She can't lie by saying she didn't feel uncomfortable because she certainly did.

A small hiss left her lips when the ice-cold gel was squirted onto her bare skin despite being warned of the temperature beforehand. Once again she bit her tongue and just accepted it. It wasn't long until she felt the wand moving across her but she refused to look at any of the doctors faces in fear of seeing that it could be something worse. After all, ultrasounds were used for a lot of things anyway. Eventually a tiny noise was heard which came from the other doctor and she whispered something to her initial doctor. They both seemed to agree on their findings and now Felicity's heart began beating ridiculously quick because she didn't want this to be anything bad.