Chapter 7: ''I'm not as pretty Seth''

Here she was, in this huge room which seemed to swallow her awhole. Unknown perfumes were aligned in pedantic rows on the side of the window sill which overlooked the dark skies and the fields which were occupied by tarnished primroses which never seemed to fade into the crossing valleys in the distance. The floor was cold and the two mirrors which stood adjecent to each other on the walls both shared a disappointed and sad appearance as if begging for her stay to be that of a short one.

''I cannot be here right now," she sighed. With that, she slid open the metal doors and stepped out into the narrow hallway. The place looked rather ancient but not so much. It looked like it would crumble down to pieces but also, not so much. It's appearance was that of a strong-weak one. As a whole, the place was an oxymoron in itself, and this was what frightened Emelya the most. If a mere hallway held a million mysteries which she was begging to know about, then the whole point of her being here would have to be ten times worse.

Slowly, she wandered around, examining the brick walls which caved in as if trying to intimidate her.

''Emelya.''

Emelya spun around to face Seth, who had one of his hands placed firmly on his hips and the other leaning onto the walls, his muscles protruding under his v-neck shirt.

''What are you doing here, Seth? I swear I could excrete my burito I ate a day ago when I was on Earth with this fright you gave me,"  she said, brushing a strand of hair out of her pale face. She knew what she was into at that very second.

''I would ask the same question.''

''Which question?''

''Which question? Are you serious?''

''Yes, kind of.''

''What are you doing here, Emelya?''

''Technically, that's not the same question.''

''How so?''

''Well, let's just say that I asked what you were doing here, not what I was doing here.''

''Does it really matter in this instance?''

''Very much so. I would like to be assured that I'm not going insane as to be asking myself questions.''

''Then, rest assured that you are completely sane and maybe on the verge of hating me.''

''I believe I can get used to the thought of the last part.''

Seth smirked and lowered his head to her comment, smiling at the ground as she chuckled from where she was.

''Is that so, Ms.Stone?'' Seth asked, looking up at Emelya, his smirk still lingering on his perfect face.

Emelya looked at him, her face now serious. Of course she couldn't hate him. Maybe he was extremely annoying and his attitude was like that of a cunning fox but she couldn't hate him. Even if she could, what would be her reason? He brought her here? Well, yes  but that wasn't entirely his fault. She didn't hate him but she couldn't let him know either. Narcisists don't deserve such compliments. She stared hard at him, for a long while before she responded.

''Seth?''

''Emelya?''

''Do you think I'm pretty?''

''And where's this coming from?''

''Within.''

''You look like cancer, my dear Emelya," Seth smiled.

''Please be serious, Seth. I've seen those angel-like guardians who sit beside Lord Erebus and they're beyond gorgeous, and then there's me.''

''Have you seen the ones who work in the fields, Emelya?''

''That's not funny.''

''You're still so painfully human.''

Seth was now looking right at her. His dark eyes burning holes into hers. His position was the same as before but a strand of his perfectly straight hair had escaped his spiked up-do and was now hanging above his forehead. He looked positively annoyed.

''Orion's society does not focus on the external. Unless, perhaps, it's important - you know, horns and all - it's important to know if you're in battle... could hurt you in the craziest ways... you get the gist,' Seth rambles, now staring at imaginary dirt under his nails.

''I'll remember this, you filthy sexual beast,'' huffed Emelya, as she pushed past him and back into her assigned room.