Chapter 2: Rule N°1-Incubi will crack your neck. Period.

They had told her that life goes on and soon enough it will all be bliss - she'd eventually get the life she had always dreamed of, but they never said it would be this rough along that one winding road.

Looking up from her bed, she contemplated over the meaning of what it is to be alive. Could it be that to be alive one has to die? Metaphorically. They say one should die a million times before one starts living. Shifting in her position, she leaned against her dresser. Is it even worth it? Attempting to master the art of living?

''Such sadistic questions you ask yourself, Emelya," she heard from the corners of the narrow room. Who the hell could that be? And how the hell did that thing or person know what she was thinking of? Her heart beat was felt from the very bottom of her once numb arse. God, she desperately needed to get out of the dark and meet her family downstairs for dinner. 

As she made herself to a standing position she looked around her room, bras and knickers were decorating the white marble floor as if sun-tanning in the night's invisible ray of sun. No one was in sight.

''Oh, Lord, Mary and Joseph, please tell me these steriotypical myths about ghosts aren't  true,'' she breathed.

''Child, I am no... 'ghost,'" whatever it was scoffed, and right then and there, she turned to face the most handsome man she had ever met in her whole, sad life. His flawless pale skin shone hard against the darkness. His serious eyes - piercing, dark and demanding. His bottom lip protruded, revealing its plump, rosy skin. There he stood, with his  dark hair spiked above his head,. Of course, he had to have massive, defined biceps expanding from underneath his black skin tight v-neck shirt - classic. His long legs, fitted in light coloured jeans, moved a step closer to where she stood.

''God, did he have to be inches taller than me? What the hell is up with his slightly pointed ears? Suits him though, not gonna lie about that one..'' she thought to herself.

''Erhhh, then what are you, if I may ask?'' she responded, beads of sweat drowning every bit of her back. She was stuck in her room with a non-ghost,  with pixie ears. Yes, she was dying from terror. Mum had told her before, "if ever you encounter a break in, stay calm. Overreacting will trigger a negative response."

''I'm an Incubus. And no, I'm not the steriotypical type of Incubus that you humans make us out to be. I'm not here to sleep with you," he said in a low husky voice. "God, we're not even as sexual as they portray us to be on the World Wide Web.." he whispered to himself under his breath.

''Well, I'm not used to this but...what?'' she said in shock as she cocked her head to the right trying to catch a glimpse of some form of reality.

''Er, you seem to be confused. I've come here because you - believe it or not - are one of us, seeing as your tarnished soul fuels off of sadness..''

''Excuse me but what the hell are you going on about? Lord, this is stupid. Wake me up right now! I'm having a conversation with a mythical Greek creature in a small town thousands of miles away from that place!'' she screamed, interrupting his sentence.

''This is going to take longer than I had expected," the Incubus breathed as he scratched the back of his head. Walking over to Emelya, he placed a hand on the side of her warm neck and the other on her jawline. Her perplexed face had now turned white with horror. She opened her soft lips to speak but she was too late. ''Goodnight, Emelya," he whispered as she stared at him, terror awakening her bones. With that, he snapped her neck with a sharp *CRACK*