Chater 4: Gateway to Hell more likely

''Your back garden is an appalling heap of dirt, has anyone ever told you that?" Seth asked, eyeing the debris which crammed the back of Emelya's house from the window which they had jumped from, in utter disgust.

''It's no longer my garden seeing as now my parents don't know who I am," replied Emelya with a pained look on her face. She was distraught that her family would never know of her existence again and every single memory they had was now erased from their minds and left implanted in only that of hers. On the other hand, she was happy. Happy that they didn't have to hurt over her disappearance or hurt over the creature she now discovered she was. She found it hard to accept the fact that she actually believed in what was going on, which was quite unexpected from her seeing as she was a firm realist. Not so much, now after all.

''Hey, cheer up. It's in your nature to be this way. Maybe you'll love the world you belong to," Seth whispered, placing a steady hand on Emelya's left shoulder, stopping his route and looking in her eyes. Tears brimmed her cloudy dark brown eyes. She blinked them back and took a large breath of air.

''I'm fine, Seth. You don't need to bother yourself about me. I'm used to being hurt and disappointed after all," she said. Her tone was reassuring.

Seth nodded his head slightly and continued on his path. He didn't know why he felt sorry for Emelya or why she seemed different. She would crucify him when she learns that she will have to go through the gateway alone. Her garden was huge but the forests were about a few metres away. These graves had been put there by the first born Incubi who were breading on planet Earth. Behind every Incubus-to-be's house, there would be one specially made. And they had reached the grave at last. It stood there like a dark heap of broken matter awaiting someone's soul. Dark, dank and depressing it was. A significance of the end of life - something they obviously did not have but at least it was some sort of common ground, except she is a female. The narrow hole inside wasn't the least bit inviting and its appearance screamed death. But here it was: the gateway to Orion. The one world which was under threat and needed help for the tarnished souls they held captive.

''Are.you.kidding me?'' Emelya screamed, looking from Seth to the grave, then back. She wasn't going to step into that. "Hell no!That looks like a squirming pit of death which reaked of stale blood and rotten flesh."

''Not exactly. I was warned to not entertain you by pulling jokes," Seth responded in attempt to be cheaky.

''That's not funny. Not even by a little.'' she answered, shooting him a death glare. One as cold as the grave itself.

''Well, you have to get in you know. One way or another," Seth said, placing both hands on his hips and looking straight at her horrified face.

''I'm not going in there. I'm not. Is there another way? Space shuttle? Submarine?''

''Submarine? To go where? Into Oceanworld?''

''Oh my god! You're so...UGH!''

Seth chuckled at her hyperventilating self. How adorable she was. But she would still have to go there.

''One more thing. You'll have to go without me," Seth said, lowering his voice at the last part.

Emelya stopped staring into the grave's dark pit and turned round abruptly to face him. Fear and rage in her eyes with a glint of confusion. Her lips trembled as the cool winds brushed past her, blowing her hair away from her shoulders.

''What?'' She breathed, under clenched teeth.

''See, yeah. It's easy. Just jump in and follow the eight metre foot path which is pitch black but you'll find a lamp on the side wall to the left," Seth said quickly to avoid any interuptions from the heated girl who looked like she was about to throw a tantrum.