Chapter Two ~ Happy.Free.Confused.

I thought of switching songs into something else right after I listen to Amy Winehouse, my Queen. I have no idea and so I just tap my fingers onto the screen and touches 'shuffle'. The screen reads Running Away-Greyson Chance. I don't listen to this track alot and I ain't no fan of this cutie but this song gives me different feelings. All my thoughts are creeping back right now the song is truly beautiful the emotions are just there. Greyson Chance's voice is pretty amazing too, I should have known. But I'm still going to stick to Coldplay, The Beatles, and U2, my all time favorites.

Running Away through the nights so black....

Stars on my shoulder pulling my back

You.... Can forget but I just can't.

I must admit but tears are starting to trickle down my cheeks. Wiping them off, I accidentally drift off to sleep.

*******************

"Holy Crap!" I pop my eyes open and see faces perched directly into me. I lurch forward annoyance etched into my voice. "That did not just happen!!" I scream. Mark startled me cutting off my practically deep sleep causing me to curl myself up from bed in a rush and My iPhone 5 to flew out of my hands with a heavy sound on the ground.

"Crack!" the phone thuds a noise. "ARGHH!" I groan angrily. "You will pay for this if I see a single damage!" I yell pointing my finger at him who's peeking outside the door holding back a laugh.

"Pssh."I roll my eye sending him a disgusted look.

"It won't have a damage Mac." Mark raises an eyebrow with a small smile playing on his lips. I furrowed my eyebrows. "The sound you've just heard. It wasn't your iPhone, it came from the kitchen okay?" he smirks.

"Impossible, the kitchen is downstai---"

"You're downstairs Mac."

We exchange looks and I found myself standing before the couch in the living room, the phone lying prone on the carpet doing safe. "I didn't ... Err. Fine."

Mark sticks his tongue out looking like a retard dog. He's being too childish, it's no doubt he's always single. Well, he doesn't ask girls out but the girls do ask him out for dinner dates but he refuses.

I stumble out the living room with my uniform on and my tousled brown locks.

The dining table is filled with different foods that I really love!! Woah there are few piles of pizza, bag of french fries, row of frappuccinos, massive bowl of baked mac and a group of tacos but what's going on?

"Dinner honey?" mom cracks a smile heaping the plates on the table.

"Uh what's with all these?" I pop one fried potato into my mouth.

Mom did not reply and just stacked a pizza on her plate. I plop down on the chair then chugs down my frap. Shoveling a taco on his face, Michael shoots an odd look at me which is usual but is a bit different this time. The frappuccino's freezing cold, I set it down clearing my throat "Where have you guys been?" I inquire raising my eyebrows in suspicion.

"Nah, you don't wanna know Mackenzie." Michael butts in tossing another set of fries into his mouth rocking his seat.

"And why not??..." I folded my arms across my chest stuffing a baconized and a cheesified slice of pizza in my mouth.

"It does not matter at all, sis. It's nothing personal either. It's absolutely just nothing." Matthew answers grinning. I could read something from Matthew's lips and from Michael's gleaming mahogany eyes. I wobble around the table then grabs a taco and my frap ascending the stairs. My door flew open and went straight to the bed.

To: Damian

hi x

-Mcknz

From: Mackenzie

I popped the tacos into my mouth, making me empty-handed.

To: Mackenzie

Hello :) How are you feeling? Better?

From: Damian

~~~ 

Flashback this Afternoon

The sun shines too bright its powerful light reflects around the green field. It's a sign that Summer is getting it's way in a week in San Fernando Valley. Though I'm already getting a bit annoyed, since it's our friendsary I knock Maxwell off fretted from insisting me to go another round.

Light peeps out from the clouds sending intense heat through my body and eyes. The heat wave is clouding the ground. I warily sprint towards the right spot and was about to swing my feet to kick the ball but the scorching heat rises through my being.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I popped my eyes open, my eyes filled with confusion gazing at the pure white ceiling. "Mackenzie, are you okay?" a deep gentle voice coos in my ear. His breath is tickling my skin.

The school clinic is pretty covered with silence allowing me to hear his light huffs. He rests his hand on my forehead. My hazel eyes meet his bluish ones, I see worry clouding them. I softly nod my head giving him a light smile. He intertwines his fingers with mine. Its warmth radiates through my body. I feel a blush creeping upon my cheeks staring at our hands locked together.

"You better doze off at home." he remarked. I couldn't take the smile off my face, the heavy feelings I was carrying the whole time has completely went out of my soul.

I don't know how long it took before I snap out of it when he pulled his fingers away mouthing, "Wait." with a hand gesture.

His sandy curls playfully bounce as he strode into the mini-kitchen. Damian sure is attractive. He's a real gentleman, and a real sweetheart. An aura of safety and protection surrounds him, all the time. His touch, his arms scooping me up, and his gleaming teeth lights up my face. He always make me feel better. He strodes back stoops down the corner of the bed. I gathered myself up to sit taking a clear warm glass of water Damian is handing me. I press my lips against it and gulps the liquid thoroughly savoring the serene smell filling my nose. "Thanks." I groggily uttered absorbing the previous negative energy I was feeling.

A/N: Damian's photo on the side >>>>>

******

On the same clean bed, my eyes cast downward seeing an exhausted Damian ducking his head on the foam. He's probably tired waiting for me to shoot up from the bed and feel better. I could clearly view his white skin, perfect eyebrows, and his pink lips. My eyes couldn't stop staring at his sweet face. He's sleeping safe and sound creating soft snores. I give his hair a gentle caress moving my face closer to his. I move even closer, my heart speeding up in my chest. The feelings are so strange and my thoughts are jumbling. It made me move a bit with my cheeks blushing a vivid red when he surprisingly grip on my arms resting his head over there his breath touching my white skin. Gulping the lump forming in my throat, I squeeze my eyes closed feeling a huge pang in my chest. Brushing off the thought I'm feeling towards my bestfriend is pretty hard this time. I manage to snap it dozing off back to sleep.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

A heavy smile travels across my face, placing my phone near my chest. I shuffle out of the bed and headlongs to the balcony. I lean myself against the grills and the fresh breeze wafts throughout my nostrils sending me a serene look passing over my face. Toluca Lake is a very beautiful town even it's already night. The cute cricket sounds surround us everywhere and different lights giving colors around the area. I slid my phone on pressing down my fingers on the screen.

To: Damian

So much better. ;)

-Mcknz.

The thought that I passed out from playing football was quite embarrassing 'cause I'm a goalie. On the other hand, I barely have the energy to creep back on the thoughts that I'm starting to fall for my bestfriend.