Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Mm mm mm." I heard him mumble.

I smirked and continued to walk to the receptionist.

"Hi, we're here to see Dr. Taylor." I smiled.

She nodded. "Dr. Taylor will see you in a moment. I've checked you guys in."

"Thank you." I smiled.

We sat down beside eachother in an awkward silence.

"Are you as nervous as I am?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Not really."

He sighed. "I just don't like fa people to be all up in my business."

It took all I had to not say something slick back.

"Well Chresanto, we need help." I replied, before rolling my eyes.

Shit, if he kept his dick in his pants, everything would be okay.

He shrugged. "You're right, Jaz."

I know I'm right, I'm always right.

"Mr. And Mrs. August?" A tall dark-skinned man came out.

Chresanto and I both stood.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Taylor. Very nice to meet you." He extended his hand out, and Chres and I both shook it.

"You guys can follow me." He said.

We both followed behind him to his office.

"Have a seat, make yourselves comfortable."

We both sat on a nice velvet couch.

"Mr. And Mrs. August. How are you two today?"

Chresanto shrugged. "We're okay, we've had better days."

I nodded in agreement.

Dr. Taylor nodded. "Well before we get started, I want to inform you that this will not be overnight, you will not see a change in your relationship instantly. This will take time, work, and consistency. Within these sessions it might seem as if you're getting no where, but that is definitely not the case. I promise that in every session, we will make more progress than in the one before."

We both nodded.

"With that being said, who would like to share first?"

"I-I'll talk." Chresanto said lowly.

I was so surprised that he wanted to talk first, and I couldn't wait to hear what he had to say.

"Alright. Go ahead. I want to hear everything from the beginning of your relationship to right now."

He sighed.

"I knew when I first saw Jasmine, she would be the one for me. I knew that she would change my way of living. And she did. She changed my whole life, but in a good way. I was looking for an assistant and she was looking for a well-paying job. So, she called and I told her to come by. She did, and once I seen her, I fell in love."

He paused for a moment.

"She became my assistant, and was great at it. We traveled and worked together. We had traveled out of the country for a big conference, and my biggest rival was there. I promised him that I would win all while my lady was by my side. So I kinda lied and said Jasmine and I was together when we really were not. Long story short we fell for each other. A few months later we ended up getting pregnant. Things were kind of bad, I didn't know if I was ready for a child, so we split up for a while but got right back together. Then my past decided to meet up with me. I had a son from a previous relationship that Jasmine didn't know about until he showed up on the front porch." He sighed, shifting in his seat.