Chapter Five

|Jasmine|

"Mommy, why does daddy have to leave us?" Chrystal asked, getting into her bed.

"Baby, daddy just wants to be able to give you everything you want and need." I said picking her up.

"But I need him, mommy." She started to cry.

Tonight was Chresanto's last night in Atlanta for seven months. He was leaving tomorrow. We had just told the kids a few days ago.

At first they thought it was a joke, but when they seen Chresanto start packing his things, they knew he wasn't playing.

"Shh shh baby. Daddy will be back before you know it. I promise okay?" I wiped her tears and kissed her cheek.

She nodded.

"Now it's time for you to go to sleep. Good night baby." I said, kissing her forehead.

"Good Night, Mommy." She said.

I know what you're thinking. If a man was as dedicated to his family as Chresanto says he is and had a baby on the way, then he wouldn't dare leave.

But I understood. This is Chresanto's dream and I don't want him to have resentment towards me for not letting him chase it. Plus the day we said our vows, we promised to make sacrifices for eachother.

He soon came strolling in the bedroom.

"Hey baby."

"Hey."

"Ewww. That was dry as hell. How about hey daddy. Hey baby. Hey baby daddy." He laughed.

I slightly smiled.

"I'm sorry. Chrystal has just been worrying me. She's been crying and whining all day." I sighed.

He sat beside me and rubbed my back.

"Baby if you are not okay with me going, I won't go." He said.

I shook my head. "No you need to do this. For you."

He smiled and pecked my lips.

"I love you baby girl."

"I love you too, Chresanto." 

I continued to help him with last minute packing, when Chrystal came back into the room.

"Daddy?"

"Wassup lil mama?"

"Can you come tuck me in?"

"Sure thing, my love. C'mon." He grabbed her hand, and led her down the hallway.

I walked to my vanity and sat down.

I looked horrible. I hadn't slept for days. I was stressing and I knew it was not good for the baby.

Chresanto came back in, and sat on the bed.

"Come here."

I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.

He grabbed my hand."Jasmine, if you don't want me to go, just say so."

I shook my head. "No really Chresanto. This is something you should do for yourself. You're always doing things for me. It's time to treat yourself baby."

He smiled, and moved a stray piece of hair out of my face.

"Jas, y'know I love you right?"

I nodded, and smiled, wearily. I was trying my hardest to be tough and not cry, but I couldn't help it.