Chapter Twenty

|Chresanto|

I pulled into the doctors office that Diamond told me to meet her at.

She soon pulled in after me.

Today, we were doing the DNA test and I was stressed like fuck.

I slowly got out of the car.

"Hey Chresanto."

"Hello Diamond." I replied.

I sighed. "Let's go get this over with."

We checked in and were soon called back.

"Okay. Were all finsihed here. The results will take a few days to weeks to come back." The doctor informed us.

I wiped my sweaty palms.

"Thank you Doctor Clayton." Diamond smiled.

She smiled. "You are certainly welcome. And congratulations again."

She soon walked out.

I looked at Diamond and stood up.

"Look Chres. I mean Chresanto. I just want to apologize for everything. I know your life is messed up. And I'm the cause of it. I just want to let you know that I really have not been with anyone else but you..." She said softly. "I just want my baby to have its father around, unlike mine was... and I hope we can work something out for the sake of this baby."

For the first time, she seemed genuine.

"If this baby is mine, I will step up and do my fatherly duties. But as for me and you, we will never be on that level. Okay?"

She nodded. "I understand that."

"I'll be talking to you in a few days." I said, walking her to her car.

"Okay. Thanks for coming today." She said softly.

"Don't mention it." I watched her get in, and then walked off to my Mercedes.

I sat for a minute thinking about everything.

Jasmine had been gone for a month and I missed her like crazy.

I had barely slept. I barely ate. I barely smiled. I just wanted and needed my baby back.

But I knew my chances of getting her back were slim to none.

I fucked up. I fucked up on a whole new level.

I don't deserve her. When all I ever do is hurt her.

|Jasmine|

I laid in bed and stared at the ceiling.

Today was my last day in New York. I missed my babies so I was going back to Atlanta.

I had rented an apartment that was only twenty minutes from the house.

I missed Chresanto. A lot. But he hurt me. And I couldn't even fathom the thought of my husband, stepping out on me, with his assistant and impregnating her.

So I was moving out of the house temporarily until we could work something out.

These past few weeks, I've questioned at least a million times whether or not to forgive him or leave him.

There was a knock at my door. "Are you decent?"

It was my Dad.

"Come in."

He opened the door.

"Hey little homie." He sat on the side of the bed.

"Hey big homie." I weakly smiled.