This Party's About To Start

"Hey there. Welcome to Starbucks. What can I get you today?" It was my third day working as a Starbucks barista. I worked at one of the smaller Starbucks not far from my new apartment.

It was a relatively slow day with only a few people trickling in and out. I noticed that it was almost always like this and honestly, it was an oddly relaxing job. Right now I was serving a middle-aged man with light brown hair with sunglasses propped up on his head. "I think I'll have a grande cafe latte."

"Is that it sir?" I ask punching in his order.

"That's all." He replied.

"That'll come up to 4.27." He hand me a five and I return him the change. "Name?"

"Randy." He responded.

I take one of the grande cups and scrawl his name across. "I'll have it done in a couple minutes for you."

He nods, leaving me to make the drink. Halfway through the process, (F/n) enters the shop waving to me. I wave back with a smile. He walks into the staff room and joins me at the counter.

"Hey (Y/n)." He says standing behind the cash register.

"What took you so long?" I ask. His shift started about five minutes ago and it was odd that he was late.

"Car wouldn't start." He mumbles.

"Oh?" I ask. That's a first, he takes really good care of his car. It was a dark red 2003 Mazda Protege he had saved up for and bought the year before.

"Yeah, I'll have to check it out after work." He sighs.

"Randy?" I ask loud enough to catch the man's attention, which had previously been fixed on his cell phone. He stands up from his seat near one of the front window to retrieve his latte.

"Thanks." He says as he takes his drink and leaves.

"Has it been busy?" (F/n) asks once the door closes.

"Nope." I reply.

"When does your shift end?"

"Around five." I lean against the counter behind me, with my arms crossed.

He nods. "Your saying that I have to put up with you for an extra five hours today?"

"Yes sir!" He smiles, quickly trying to hide it.

"God when will I finally get a break from you?" He fake frowns, which makes me grin.

"You're the one that came up with the idea of me living with you." I say, hitting him in the shoulder.

"I know, I know." He smiles, eyes sparkling.

An hour passes and I decide to take my 15 minute break. I head into the staff room, (you have to enter the staff room through the main part of the Cafe in order to get behind the counter) grab a bite to eat and return to the counter with (F/n).

Just as I return, a couple of guys walk in. (F/n) and I share a glance and he steps back, allowing me to take this one.

"Hello. Welcome to Starbucks. What can I get for you today?"

The two guys look completely opposite of each other. One is extremely tall and muscular with light blond hair and blue eyes. The other was a lot shorter then the first with dark hair and eyes. He looked more fragile.

"I'll just have a venti Iced coffee please." Said the dark haired boy. His voice was a lot higher than I expected.

"Will there be anything else?" I ask.

"No that's it." Replied the taller one.

"Okay, that'll be 3.45."

The blond man turns to hand me the money when the other slaps his hand. "Scott, I can pay for my own you know!"

"Fine." The blond one, Scott, replies exasperatedly rolling his eyes. I smile at this because it reminds me of the way (f/n) and I act when we go out someplace.

The shorter one hands me the money with a smile. "What's your name?" I ask.

"Mitch." He replies before heading to a window seat to wait with Scott.

Once I have written Mitch's name on the cup and begin brewing the coffee, (f/n) nudges my shoulder while wiping down the counter.

"Mm-hmm?"

"Is it just me or are those two staring at you?"

I look up briefly to just in time the see them looking at me.

"Maybe they're just bored and are checking to see if the coffee's almost done. Ever think of that?"

"If you say so." He says and I role my eyes.

"Mitch?" I call looking towards the two. For some reason they seem oddly familiar.

"Thank you!" Mitch says eagerly as he grabs his coffee. He walks over to the side of the counter where the covers, cream, sugar and other things are and adjusts his coffee to his taste. The two were soon out the door leaving (f/n) and I alone again.

The day consisted of a few more customers and at five I left the caffé. I hopped up onto my sleek black motor bike and headed to the apartment.

Once I arrive at the apartment, I open the door to an overly excited, fully-grown Belgian Malanois. "Hey Loki!" I say, bending down to her height. She had darker fur and looked quite intimidating but in reality she's just a big baby. Not to mention well trained.

(F/n) had received Loki from his parents on his eighteenth birthday three years ago for graduating. He and I had attended the same high school and together we decided once I graduated we would both move out of that town. Usually, these plans never last but so far has gone pretty well. (F/n) almost never fight, and when we do it's usually about silly things like who's showering first or who's gonna do the laundry and dishes.

(F/n) and I are so close that people often assume we are a couple (which we both agree he's more like a brother to me than anything else). Sometimes that does come in handy when guys try hit on me or vice versa.

I stand back up, Loki a few paces behind me, grabbing her leash and hooking it to her black studded collar ((F/n)'s Idea). She waited patiently by the door as I grab a water bottle from fridge.

"Ready to go?" I ask returning to the door. Loki tilted her head as I pick up the end of her leash and left the apartment once more.