Chapter Two: Satisfied

Start from the beginning

"You ready? You look gorgeous. K, let's go." She was rushing. I wore a simple white dress that had an open back. It was short and tight, I wore a pair of white stillettos on my feet and carried a gold clutch to match my gold accessories. Ashley wore a fully black body suit that had fishnet sides. 

"I'm so excited." She said as she drove to Club Express. 

"Me too, I just want to get my drink on and shake something." I laughed. 

"I know that's right." She said as we pulled up. 

We parked and got in line, the club was packed but the line moved fast. I guess they don't call it Club Express for nothing, everything was faced pace. The line moved quickly, the drinks were flowing and the music was all upbeat. I sipped my Corona and twerked to "Hannah Montana". 

"Ayee!" Ashley screamed as she slapped my butt. 

I danced with a few guys and got a few numbers I knew I'd never use. I got buzzed but tried to stay away from getting drunk cause I still had to work in the morning; But I certainly needed to get out more often. 

KELSON

I wasn't taking Jaida's rejection lightly. It seemed to build a wedge between my wife and I. It was difficult for me to focus on her when my business was falling into the ground. 

"Kelson, this is ridiculous! Are you seriously concerned about that stupid little black girl?" She asked.

"I'll inform you that, that stupid little black girl is what kept my business running for this past year and a half." 

"Yeah, well she's gone. I can find you a new damn temp. I get that your stressed, but I have needs and if you would just fuck me you wouldn't be so stressed this is so unlike you. Are you cheating on me?" She asked. 

"Hell no." I said, kind of offended that she'd even think of it. 

"You're right, I have been stressed, but I am not cheating on you, I love you, Bella." I said as I pulled her close to me. 

"I know, I'm sorry, I know you're nothing like my ex." She said. 

I hated when she mentioned him, but I understood that he played a huge role in her life and tried not to get too upset about it. 

"Right." I said simply.

"Don't worry, things will get better, it has no choice but to get better. I need a bigger house. I need a better car. I have many needs that need to be fulfilled and I know you'll handle it, isn't that right baby?" She asked, but it didn't feel like a question. 

"What if I don't?" I challenged. 

"What do you mean, Kelson?" She said, clearly upset. 

"I mean, what if I don't get the business together, what if everything falls apart, are you going to up and leave?" I asked. 

"Well...I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there." She said and turned her back to me. 

"Good night to you too." I turned off the light and turned in my bed. 

                                                                            **     

The next morning, I headed back over to Hempsworth, it seemed like I spent more time there than I did at my own office. I took the elevator up to the 30th floor. They had a bigger building than mine and everyone looked very comfortable with customized desk that reflected their personality. Some people were dressed in professional ettire while other were dressed casually. I ran a tight ship when it came to the dress code, I liked every one to look ready for business, but looks can be decieving because Hempsworth was on top right now, and my business was plumitting and quickly. I walked through a glass door that led to a seperate part where Hemsworth office was located, it was quiet over here compared to the buzz within the cubicles on the other side of the door. Jaida sat at the desk, on a phone call, she looked up at me and I saw the annoyance.