Gotcha, Boy.

Damn.

My heart was beating fit to tear clean out of my chest. Back pressed against the door, a mouthful of sleeve to stop the panicky breaths, I listened as he waited. And waited.

Oh damn.

And finally left.

Damn.

His fingers had brushed my neck. My hand crept to and wrapped around it. I could still feel his touch coursing through my veins in-

Terror?

Pleasure?

What?

Damn! What is wrong with me? He barely touched me and I'm freaking out like some teenage girl! Do girls usually feel like this after being followed home?

"..you need a cold shower and some sleep, Cyrus," I hissed.

I had to move my scarf out of the bathroom after I got undressed. It felt wrong hanging up on my door as I got naked. Like an intruder.

I need to sleep it off...

I'm the morning I awoke to my usual routine, and almost forgot the touch. Except it would come back to me, like a shock, very now and again, and I'd have to scratch my neck and remind myself that it was nothing.

But it's not nothing, so my neck was raw by the end of the day, when I ended up infront of the café.

Cold wind pushed me towards warmth, yet I didn't go in- I couldn't go in. Something felt different, and though I could've guessed at why it did, I hadn't a clue as to what it was.

'Just gonna stand in the cold wind, boy?'

I shivered at his voice invading my thoughts, and as the breeze blew dark strands from my eyes, I watched as his head shot up.

Shi-

Even from outside it made me jump; his eyes didn't wander, they went straight to my own. Two washed out points slicing through a pair of dark shadows.

Again my heart pounded against my ribs, trying to escape and flop down the road, away from the café. Damn, I couldn't bring myself to open the door and order the same thing as almost every other day.

Damn, I couldn't play his game anymore.

'Gotcha.'

Stumbling into a couple as I did, I tore away and mumbled an apology as I sought the safety of home. My mind was drowning in the look he gave me, that screamed as much as loud as the alarm bell, that I just couldn't read.

The door opened behind me, in the distance.

Damn.

Was the walk home always this long?