Chapter 14

The small sounds of playful grunts filling the air as the troop ate their supper was a pleasurable comparison to my own family. The little ones bounced from their mothers shoulders to the ground, reaching for their elders hands for bites of the delectable fruits as the juveniles reclined on the trunks licking the juices from their fingers. I was sitting next to Tarzan, observing his family, my surroundings, just as my father had trained me. I still felt a bit apprehensive of his family, which was to be expected. They could turn on me at any time. I was definitely not the largest here... My thoughts were interrupted by movement to my left. A sweet smell filled my nose as I glanced down at the offering placed before me. I smiled appreciatively at Tarzan when he placed the fleshy yellow fruit in my hand. He was also watching his family, a protective glow in his eyes. The two of us sat, waiting for the patriarch to return from his perimeter check. I had not met him yet...I hope he is kind. 

I bit into the fruit and hummed happily. Tarzan laughed in return. Juice ran from my lips and down my chin, and I felt inclined to rub it off. But just as I raised my hand, Tarzan caught my wrist within his tight grasp. He leaned close to me, our faces a mere inches apart, and he gazed into my eyes. My stomach twisted and I felt weak as he continued to lean in. I closed my eyes as his lips connected with my own. They were rough, yet soft when they pecked their way from the corners to my chin, licking the juice affectionately. 

He pulled away and moved a lock of hair away from my eyes. Both of us were surprised at his actions, especially me; however, I was happy. My limps were tingly as I reached up and laid my hands upon his chest. He was breathing rapidly, which I thought was ironic because I was not breathing at all. He gave me an act of affection that only mates would bestow upon each other. I laid my head upon his chest and breathed slowly. He seemed hesitant, then confident as he slowly wrapped his muscular arms around me. I felt his hot breath fanned my forehead as his cheeks rubbed rapidly. His chest rumbled and I realized he was purring. And he had scented me. 

I was his now.

----------------

Hey, everyone! I hope you liked it! Again, please comment and tell me your feedback! Thanks for reading Lily and Tarzan's story! Stay tuned for the next update where Lily will meet Kerchak...after all these years :D How will he react to his son having a new mate?