Chapter 10

**Bolded text = Ape language**

hey guys! I am soooo sorry for the delay; my life is extremely busy right now, and my birthday is in a couple of days. Life is chaotic, especially when being in high school. I will update as much as I can, but as always, thank you for the support! I want this story to be well written, so I want to take time with it. Please don't be frustrated with me. And just warning you.... major feels in the next couple updates ;)

                         Sincerely yours, Annabelle :)

Tarzan's POV

She is beautiful. She was the most delicate, yet deadly, creature I have ever met. Lily. A name so innocent, matching her kind face and personality, but contradicting her cool eyes and unrelenting ferocity. As she was walking next to me, I felt her warmth radiating into the humid air. Her heat was not unbearable as the sun, but a sort of glow. She had been so kind with the others, so compassionate and understanding. Accepting...

As I observed her condition, I noticed that she kept picking at her fingers, and seemed uncomfortable in her own skin. She must have been hungry and tired, but something else was on her mind. Some thought that was concealed from me. I was embarrassed to admit that that was not the reason I had called her away. I was jealous of her attention. I craved her presence by my side, and the feral desire inside me rose as people kept touching her. I wanted to touch her. As I gazed at her face, a shuddering breath escaped as I was entranced by her beauty. Her sky blue eyes found mine, and I quickly looked away. Had she noticed I was staring? I realized that I needed to break this silence.

"Now that I have saved you from my terrifying family," her bubbly giggle at my joke made me smile, "Would you like to eat? Sleep?" My voice trailed off and I felt an odd tingling sensation in my cheeks. How strange. She sheepishly turned towards me, and licked her lips before speaking. I wondered what her lips felt like...

"Actually, if it is no trouble, I am in desperate need of washing..." Her voice trailed off. A bath! Of course it would be no trouble, and I also realized that I needed one too. I was filthy. I was quite surprised that she even wanted to be near me. I was filthy and grimy and sweaty, and I felt like an incomparable beast next to her beauty. Under the mud and dried blood, she was a beauty...truly. I smiled to myself.

"That is no issue. Follow me," I said, diverting our course to the right. I would take her to the watering pool, the place where most of us bathed. I hope she finds it acceptable.  

                                                                                           Lili's POV

He was leading me to the watering pool to bathe. I couldn't have been more relieved. My muscles burned from the nonstop physical activity that I had taken part in for the past day. My toned stomach growled; however, I prioritized cleanliness before food, so here I was. I was slightly dizzy from the humidity, so much so, when I stumbled over an exposed tree root, Tarzan had to steady me with his large hands. They squeezed from where my arm met my shoulder almost down to my elbow. Why was I so tiny??  I inhaled sharply as he did this, craning my neck to gaze into his eyes, and I realized that we were very close to each other. He was already staring into my eyes, but swiftly righted me quickly. I cleared my throat, backing away and smiling because of his kindness. We continued.

~~~~

We arrived soon after he said, and the view was blocked by a gigantic green leaf. He stepped in front of me, playfully tapping my arm as he did so. I laughed. He smiled. He rested his hand on the side of the foliage, ready to pull it back, but before he did he said, "I hope you find it as pleasing as I do." I smiled and assured him I would. With a nervous breath, he pulled it back, revealing the oasis.

 With a nervous breath, he pulled it back, revealing the oasis

It took my breath away. It was beautiful; definitely the most magnificent vision I had ever laid eyes on. The cool breeze blew across the surface of the water and refreshed my skin. The mist arising from the cascading waterfall was comforting as I approached with my mouth hanging open in awe. I turned in slow clockwise motions and took in my surroundings with great care. The trees, along with their appending leaves and mosses, seemed to exude a more prevalent green glow than any I had seen in the jungle. Strange colorful birds flew; their great caws and ringing chirps created a haunting yet uplifting melody that filled my chest with a bubbly feeling of empowerment. The great sun's rays bled through the foliage to create an illusion of gold waterfalls spilling from the skies. I had always thought this to be the soul of nature, reaching out, and showing the light of friendship and peace. The kindness that provided life for the green, and warmth for the flesh. 

Tarzan's strong hand upon my back released me from my thoughts, and he asked if I wanted to bathe first. I took the opportunity.

"I will give you privacy then..." he said and I smiled, turning to step down the hill and submerge myself in the cool waves. A hand on my arm stopped me, "If you need anything, I will not be far." The words were spoken huskily and I suspected another unspoken meaning behind them. He blushed, smirked, and chuckled, then turned away to push past the foliage and out of sight. I had not realized I had been holding my breath.

~~~

My toes crunched into the soaked moss along the bank of the pool. I was more than ready to be clean, and the more I thought about it, I could not recall my last bath. This was concerning...oh well. I swept my mane to one side of my shoulders and it fell down past in matted waves.Slowly my arms lifted and my fingers found the tiny knot that held my dress in place behind my neck. With one flick the knot fell and the dress pooled at my feet. I stepped out and tentatively entered into the water. It was cold, but also warm. I noticed this was both the fault of the shaded sanctuary from trees and the gracious presence of the sun. How perfect. The squishy sand under my feet made me giggle and I rested my hands upon the water's surface. I continued to step lightly until almost the top of my shoulders were submerged. I glanced up at the sky, falling for the beautiful blue color as the gold rays warmed my face. I gasped for breath, shut my eyes, then fell under the water surface. The water was as clear as the air above and found it shocking to see fish of all different colors swimming among the shiny rocks and slimy seaweed that rippled in the undercurrent. 

My fingernails raked my scalp and after moments of scrubbing, my hair entangled and flowed around me in silky tendrils underwater. When I felt my lungs burn, I burst out of the water and flung my hair to my back. I cleaned the rest of my body, paying close attention to under my claws and the almost healed wounds. It felt better to be free of the blood. I climbed out of the nurturing water's embrace and laid upon the grass until myself and the dress were dry. I had decided to clean that as well. I secured the knot at my neck, and ran my hands through my now manageable hair. It was time to face Tarzan once again.

~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys liked it; please comment! Chapter 11 will be up as soon as possible :)