Chapter 33

I got to school not in the mood to deal with anything or anyone.

I feel like the principal of our school makes us to mature. We're in the 6th grade and we have lockers different classes and everything.

I opened my locker and reached up and got my stuff from my it.

I closed it and looked up at the picture of me and Audrey. I smiled a bit. I saw a folder on the side.

Hey baby,

I know you're down but stay positive. If I catch you crying its not gonna be pretty.*wince* Jake kissed my lips. I might go soft.

From your sis who has butterflies in her stomach, Audrey.

I laughed and smiled that she went out of her way to make me smile.

"Beautiful." Jared. I turned around.

"Are you ok?" He asked. Before I could answer Sadie came along.

"Hey Jared." She said flirtatiously. Girl we're in the sixth grade. What is this flirting for? I rolled my eyes before waking to math. I need to give her my test anyways.
******************
I got to class to see my friends. I'm apparently there main bitch so they were signaling to come to them. I gave Ms.Con.

"Am I still failing math?" I asked.

"Nope you got a 100." She said and I smiled.

"Better." I said smiling.

"I hope you know you had a 98." She said and I smiled before walking to sit at my seat. Some boys drooled and I rolled my eyes.

"Get used to it." Esther said.

"Half of them look like crap." I said and Annie chuckled.

"But Ashton is hot crap." Annie said.

"You guys are cooked." I said rolling my eyes.

"I know right." Esther said.

Jared walked over to me. "Hey." Jared said.

"Hey Jared." I said.

"Are you ok?" Jared asked.

"Yeah just drop it." I said.

"I'm not gonna drop it." Jared said. I rolled my eyes and I sighed before ignoring him.

"You don't know me." I snapped. "I'm not saying I do Aubrey. And I'm not going to argue with you either." Jared said softly. "Just leave me alone Jared." I said rolling my eyes. He ignored me and lifted me up from my seat putting him on his lap. He took out my braids and started playing with my hair.

I admit it was relaxing. "I should get to my seat Jared." I said. "Relax goody two shoes." He said. I could sense he was rolling his eyes. His eyes were gray.

I nodded knowing I needed this. It felt as good as when my sister did this. Weird. I shrugged and took out a book as he played with my hair. It felt like nothing else mattered.

When he stroked my hair all of my problems went away. I liked it.

"Aww." Annie said smiling.

I rolled my eyes and Jared chuckled. "You're hair looks good down and out." Jared said. He put his hat on me.

"You're not getting your hat back." I said smiling. "That's ok. It looks good on you." He said. "Cheesy." I muttered. "I'm not cheesy. I'm just saying it looks good on you." Jared defended.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up pretty boy." I said. "Whatever you want beautiful." He said. He hummed a soft tune. I'm yours as he stroked my hair.
**************************
I was walking through the hallways as boys stared. And then people wonder why I hate boys. There idiots. I got to my locker admiring the picture of my sister and I.

"Beautiful." Jared said snapping me out of my though. I turned around so quickly that his beanie almost fell off.

"Sorry. You uh scared me." I said quietly. He chuckled. "Come on let's go hang for lunch." He said. I nodded smiling a bit.

"Wow what a beautiful girl." The lunch lady said. "Um thanks." I said.

"You look like the type who's into sports. Basketball and football?" She guessed and I nodded smiling.

"Well bye." She said smiling.

"Thanks for the lunch Michelle." I said. She smiled wider and so did her partner Betty.

I got to our table. I guess I sit with popular kids but that doesn't stop me from reading. I see Sadie with another group of boys that glare at Jared's group of boys.

"Idiots." I mutter rolling my eyes. She's gonna be a real hoe.

"Looks like Sadie's hanging out with some other boys." Esther said.

"Like we care. There idiots!" Josh exclaimed.

"Aubrey why aren't you saying anything?" Annie asked.

"Why do you guys even hate each other?" I asked.

"Because they told my secret!" Jasmine yelled.

"What secret?" I asked.

"About my Dad leaving me." Jasmine answered quietly.