» ten ; epilogue

I'm wearing my favorite white maxi dress. It was comfortable to wear and it's soft. I always like to wear it and now, I'm going to use it for the festival tonight.

After I have tied my hair into a ponytail, I wore the dress, wore my black sandals and walked down my way to the door. Mom was already at the festival.

After I heard the loud music coming from the festival, I went to the back, where the forest was located and I saw that there were some people scattered and loitering around the forest.

I thought It would be just me and... Gin. I walked my way through the trees, going further behind the forest, I can only hear the faint music from the festival until I saw the cottage. I stopped there.

"Shorty." Someone whispered and I instantly knew who it was. It's Gin. I turned around and smiled at him.

"Hey, Gin." I said softly as I look at his eyes.

"Many mortals are suddenly going here at the forest, huh?" He said.

"Yeah... I've noticed. Are you... bothered?" I said with a questioning look.

"Uh... maybe. I—I'm not used to see many mortals, y'know?" He said.

"But... there's a festival every three years here? Why aren't you used to it?" I asked.

"Because... Three years passes. I always forget the feeling with seeing mortals." He said and I just nodded.

"Wanna go see the stars?" He asked and I could feel the smile in his face. A smile made it's way to my face.

"Sure." I said sweetly.

Before we walked, he gave me a long peice of cloth.

"Hold it, Shorty." He said with a laugh and I held the cloth.

He held the cloth too, his hands inched closer until there was a safe distance left. I just looked at our hands that looks like holding but it's not. Now, i'm tempted to do it.

I could feel the heat on my face. We walked our way to the open space and when we reached the place, Gin removed his mask and gave it to me. I took it. Then, I saw his beautiful smile.

It made my heart stop and then it quickens. His smile, and his eyes made my knees weak and his voice made my stomach have butterflies in it and goosebumps on my skin. His presence made me happy.

Our moment was interupted when a drunk guy came into view. He was slurring and his eyes were half open.

"Hey you! You... you! You wanna fight, huh?" The drunk guy said and I hid behind Gin. Gin backed away and I did too.

The guy is coming closer to Gin and I'm scared if anything might happen.

"You scared, boy? C'mon! Fight me, coward!" The drunk guy shouted and came nearer and Gin just kept backing away.

"Don't... touch me." Gin said.

"No! You fight me, Wilson! Why did you hurt my wife, huh? 'Cause you can't fight a guy!" The drunk guy said angrily, And now he is mistaking Gin as the guy named Wilson.

The drunk guy is just fifty centimeters far. He was about to push Gin but I blocked it and I fell on the grass. But that didn't stop anything because the drunk guy pushed Gin.

That's when I felt my world would end. Nothing is happening yet. The guy laughed and walked out. I went to Gin and I sat beside him.

Tears started to spill out from my eyes as my lips trembled.

"Gin... you're not leaving, right?" I said and Gin didn't respond, he was pale.

He touched my cheeks and I closed my eyes. Fuck, this is real. I can feel his skin on my cheeks.

"I can finally hold you, Dory." He said and a tear escaped his eyes. I saw that his feet was disappearing and I started to panic.

"No. No. No. No... no, you're not leaving! Gin..." I said and continued to cry.

"Shh... be calm, Dory." He said and his fingers caressed my cheeks and he placed his forehead on mine.

I didn't hesitated to do it. I pressed my lips on his. I leaned more and deepened the kiss. I hugged him tightly and I instantly felt shock when I felt his arms on my waist.

I backed away after what felt like years and looked at Gin's flushed face and me, breathing loudly. He placed his left cheek on my right cheek.

"I love you... Dory. I love you... so much." He said and I cried again. I saw that his arms are now dissapearing too.

Hearing those words from him made my heart ache and I felt like it's being squeezed.

"I... I love you more, Gin! Please don't... leave." I said in between my sobs. He kissed my lips once again and I memorized the feeling. I held his cheek and hug him one last time.

"I love you always..." He said and his face completely dissapeared and I cried louder.

I still couldn't believe that he just dissapeared. It happened so fast. Nobody knows that I just fell in love with a spirit, but atleast he knows.

I just hoped that I could've been with you forever, Gin. I wish you didn't have to dissapear. I miss him already and my heart is aching for him.

I held Gin's mask tightly and hugged it. Tears came out once more and I feel like it wouldn't stop.

I wish this pain would end.

But I wish to also have you here with me. Kissing me, hugging me... marrying me. I need you, Gin.